Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

What Offset? - The Complete Wheel Guide

good luck finding that size tyre in oz. going to look gay as f**k at stock height

Edited by blingcommander

dont really want too much stretch I dont like the look and itll be lower eventually I just cant yet since the driveway is too steep if I go a 235 and lower would it just be a case of rolling the inner lips?

would rather roll the guards then run too much camber on the rear fronts I dont mind a little bit but heaps on the rear is aids

tbh you probably want 225/45/17 as its a closer rolling diameter not 225/40. also 225/45 is easier to find

Edited by FenrirWC

I've got 17 x 9 +22 on my s14.

Something like 235/45 and 245/40 front and rear.

Pretty low on coilovers plus adjustable arms.

Rears are rolled. Rear camber is minimal inbetween -1 and -1.5

Edited by Scotty.

but those rims would be a fair bit more out with that size and offset tho wouldn't they?

Yeah a little bit... But then again I don't know how they would fit on standard lca's. I have adjustable ones and -3deg camber

I'm interested in some Work wheels for our S15 but need a bit of help please. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what offset was...... yeah, hilarious but true :o I have been reading up on the net and now have a basic idea of how it works. I don't know much, but I know way more than I did two weeks ago!

Anyway, at the moment the car is at stock height, on stock wheels.

The Work wheels are:

18 x 8 +35 Front

18 x 9 +45 Rear

I'm pretty sure the front are ok. But not sure about the rear.

According to the first post on this thread

18 x 8.5 +45 Rear are Recommended by Work

So would the extra .5 be ok? And how would they look?

Have been on rimtuck, and searched the net, but found no S15s with this combination.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Edited by seventieschick

I have 18x9 +20 on the back of mine & it fits pretty well, will just need a light guard roll before I lower it. I will be putting 18x9.5 +38 soon

I'm interested in some Work wheels for our S15 but need a bit of help please. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what offset was...... yeah, hilarious but true :o I have been reading up on the net and now have a basic idea of how it works. I don't know much, but I know way more than I did two weeks ago!

The Work wheels are:

18 x 8 +35 Front

18 x 9 +45 Rear

Have been on rimtuck, and searched the net, but found no S15s with this combination.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

You should buy my 17x8 +10 work vs xx instead ;) fit pretty perfectly on a stock body

I'm interested in some Work wheels for our S15 but need a bit of help please. Until a few weeks ago I didn't even know what offset was...... yeah, hilarious but true ohmy.png I have been reading up on the net and now have a basic idea of how it works. I don't know much, but I know way more than I did two weeks ago!

The Work wheels are:

18 x 8 +35 Front

18 x 9 +45 Rear

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks smile.png

You should buy my 17x8 +10 work vs xx instead wink.png fit pretty perfectly on a stock body

Hi Johno I contacted you about your wheels on the 9th of Feb via SMS. You offered to send me some pics but I never heard back from you. Anyway, since I didn't end up getting any advice on here I did a lot of research, I couldn't find those exact sizes on an S15 but from what I did find I figured they would fit so we bought them. Hubby put them on the car on the weekend, they fit perfectly and look great. Thanks anyway mate and GLWS!

Thread revival: Lets throw a tricky one into the loop - This is going to be for my track car. Looking at - Towards the end of this year - Getting some lighter wheels and getting more grip.

Vehicle 1989 Nissan S13 Silvia (Onevia) - I currently run 17 x 9.2 + 12's front and rear.

I have +25mm fiberglass front guards - +50 mm wide rear guards.

Here are the spanners in my works...

Geomaster knuckles front and rear - I had to GRIND my lower control arm bolts to clear the 17" wheels.

R33 GTS-T rear cradle swap - have been told it gives approx. 10mm extra width per side (Im unsure)

I want to know what offsets I require to run a 235 up front (Assume what I have now would suffice) but I want a 265 on the rear.

Thoughts?

Do you have aftermarket LCA's? 17s clear fine on my car with driftworks, 16s the side of the LCA fouls on compression and actually chews metal, so its 17 minimum

Rear driftworks + s14 subframe adds about 15-20mm a side

Exact same wheels 18x10+0 with 225/40 (were multi so first pic was stock sub frame 4 stud)

kVoy4R4.jpg

After Driftworks in s14 subframe

20130911_164942_zps0550ff8d.jpg

Edited by (Locky)

Special offset question here ;)

I've got a S15 (Varietta). So the stock offsets everybody uses are 18x9,5 +20 am I right?

I wanna buy concave concepts but they are only available in 18x9 or 18x10. So what offset would be identical on 18x10 compared to 18x9,5?

The problem here is I want to put a widebody kit on the car but still a ligned up offset. It will be vertex ridge up front and garage mak rear fender.

Am I right in thinking that the size of the widefenders decreases my offset value?

What I mean is: If the fender adds 20mm to the cars width (per side), a wheel which had fit perfectly before with a +30 offset now has to be a +10 offset to fit sweet?

Thread Revival:

Not really an offset question but does any one know if 16x8 +0 Steelies (D-shaped) will clear S14 turbo brakes?

Cheers

Sign in to follow this