Sign in to follow this  
MEANS13

R.I.P dr1ft_pig13 (aka Ben Simpson)

This has been one of the most emotional, moving things i have ever read in my whole life, Ive lost so many people so close to my heart, i feel for you. even though i am only new here and i never had the pleasure of meeting him, theres not a doubt in my mind of what a wonderful person he must have been. my condolences go out to all that knew him, im sure he wil be greatly missed.

RIP dude.

Jessie.

sorry 2 hear that... condolences 2 everyone that knew him..

Edited by impulsed

condolances to family and friends, the forum will be a lesser place without him.

peace

-HiBz

For those who knew and appreciated his life, now is not the time to be down on his passing away, and there never will be a time, instead celebrate his life and what he did for you, and those around you!

Ben, no need to get rest, thrash it up there with the car Gods!!!!! ;)

Sorry I'm not being light hearted, and in NO way am I trying to offend!

For the friends and family, I wish you well, and I hope you make it through this unfortuante event ok.

- Kendall

RIP ben - I never knew you as im from Tasmania but i have met the parents, Mark & Julie and they are really great people and have put so much time and effort into the whole Charity run over the Past 5 days down here.

My Heart really goes out to them for being so strong and to be able to make something like this so big down in Tassie as everyone that had a imput to this charity ran over the 5 days has really been touched by Mark & Julie in many different ways...

(Stay strong Mark & Julie, as your doing such a great job)

Cheers barnzy

Then today i shall be repping my sticker loud and proud, and i think ill even go for a hills run in his honour. RIP Ben, a mate of mine knew you and said you were a great guy.

Deepest and sincerest condolences go out to Mark and Jules 'The Olds' who have helped our drift community out soooo much in the last 12 months on top of dealing with the loss of Ben.

They are outstanding individuals who have earnt themselves a warm, safe place in my heart for ever and deserve the most support from everyone here on ns.com

RIP Ben

best wishes and lotsa love Mark and Julie....

your official on track 'Skid Rep' Lindo ;) xox

I really hope that "the Olds" got support for this day as it would of been a very hard day for them, even though they are so strong which we all found out when they came down to Tassie for the week.

I couldn't believe how strong they were through the whole week being down here with all the interview they were doing.

I hope you had a good day Mark & Julie and us Tassie Guys & Girls got out and had a few wookstocks for Ben and also you two.

Keep well and hopefully you like that flowers. Thanks to s13_han for helping us out with that.

Cheers barnzy

Just read through this now......

RIP buddy......

Had the pleasure of meeting mark and julie on the cruise in memory of ben last week......

Stay safe everyone....

so sad to hear that, RIP to ben even though i didnt know him in person and have never spoken to him, condolences to the family of this loss.

Edited by 71-Ranger

I've been thinking of getting a sticker off you guys to support the cause - but it might seem i'm just trying to be cool :(

I appreciate what you guys have done for the drift community and the suicide related foundations (suicidal thoughts made sleep hard for a good 2-3yrs for me)

hey,

so sad to hear that, R.I.P to ben even i didnt know him in person and have never spoken to him

R.I.P buddy.

i was never sure whether it would be appropriate to post in this thread as i have never met Ben personally.

i have come to realise that this is more than just for people that knew him, rather to support his family and friends and recognise Ben's life no matter if u are a friend or just a person like myself who has been moved by the generosity from the "olds" and the loss of a young mans life.

I think what the Olds have done for the community has been pretty amazing and hopefully some day i will have the honour of meeting them.

Like a few other people have said, i have thought about the fact that it might look like im trying to be cool with a RIP sticker, but i figure the Olds have put so much into the community, i feel the least i can do is help promote such an important cause and show recognition for Ben's life.

RIP mate, u are obviously loved very much...

conolences to his family and friends,,very touching topic,,, and thanks for your contribution to the drift society

Rest In Peace Ben. My condolenses to Mark & Julie and your family and friends.

I met Mark & Julie for the first time on Thursday at my workshop.

I was blown away by how caring and helpful they both are to anyone in need.

I never had the chance to meet Ben but after meeting his parents I can see what sort

of a man Ben would be. Very special indeed.

Rest In Peace Ben

heres a little pic of benny boy, that ive come across

Man our school uniform was Bland.....

http://www.angelfire.com/hiphop4/vanessa_1...12origional.jpg

OK....Mr Sam.....we were given these 2 pics unexpectedly some time after he left us...we were blown away, we did not know they existed.

Ben Pic 1 - a few months before leaving us

Ben Pic 2 - a couple of months before he left us

I can not put in words how well this community has shown support for Ben, his family, friends and all those in the car community. This is so moving in the way you feel inside to see so many cars rock up in his honour, also to see how much commitment people have put in to turn this into such a great part of our community to show we are not just a car club but..... The rest I can not put in words you guys personally know what this club has done and all the effort put in by every1...

Mark and Julie once again I am another sorry to hear for your loss and wish the best for you. I am not 100% sure on what to say to people when they question the sticker I have just layed onto my car could you give me some words to tell people if they ask what is that sticker or something similar I just can not seem to put all this effort into words to show people how much this sticker means.....

Edited by Mikele

I can not put in words how well this community has shown support for Ben, his family, friends and all those in the car community. This is so moving in the way you feel inside to see so many cars rock up in his honour, also to see how much commitment people have put in to turn this into such a great part of our community to show we are not just a car club but..... The rest I can not put in words you guys personally know what this club has done and all the effort put in by every1...

Mark and Julie once again I am another sorry to hear for your loss and wish the best for you. I am not 100% sure on what to say to people when they question the sticker I have just layed onto my car could you give me some words to tell people if they ask what is that sticker or something similar I just can not seem to put all this effort into words to show people how much this sticker means.....

...unfortunately, many of us have had 12mths of practice....

"so what is the stika all about ?" ...well that is the forum/club name of one of our members, we lost him to suicide last year, he was just 19yrs....he was a very fit, healthy young guy, with a car, g/f and living at home with loving parents...& we still lost him. We are trying to raise awareness of the silent epidemic killing young people, it can happen to anyone.

Hope that helps....sincere thanks for wanting to be a part of our awareness campaign...

OLD Jules & Mark :wheelchair:

Edited by dr1ft_pig13 olds

R.I.P Ben

Mark and Julie my sincere condolances, and thankyou for the chat on wednesday night, was an honour to meet you both and thankyou for inviting myself and my bf Scott to come to tasmania with you next year :)

Im sure we will catch up for a nice long talk again very soon

Cat

Edited by rxgirl

TO ALL NS.COM MEMBERS

It is a painful decision but as Ben's OLDS we believe the time has come to "unpin" this memorial thread.

It was started by SAM (Means13) in response to Ben's death and it drew comments and support from all over Australia. It gave us emotional support and the physical strength to go on....at a time when we needed it.

We sincerely thank you all for your kindness, which has never stopped. We are committed to raising awareness of youth suicide and will continue to do so....we will still make the RIP stickers available to those who want them & thanks to Hannah, we may even redesign them.

In closing this thread, we do not close the wonderful memory of our late son :no::no: or our support for the drift community. We will still be going to Tassie next January & we will still be at drift events & NS.com cruises. :yes::yes:

Once again our warmest thanks. Mods you have our permission to "unpin" this thread.

Jules & Mark Simpson

"the NS.com OLDS" :wheelchair:

Edited by dr1ft_pig13 olds