Sign in to follow this  
Menthu_Rae

Nissan FAST Software...

Hey guys,

I just got this software from the SAU forums - now... it's called Nissan FAST, and what it lets you do is enter the VIN of a car, and it'll come up with things like:

* Build date

* Original Colour

* Original Transmission

* Original Options

etc, etc... You can also look up all the replacement part codes, e.g. fan belts, rocker covers, headlights, panels, etc etc.

Now, I need someone to donate their VIN so I can test the software, as I don't actually own a 180SX/S13/S14/S15 myself... So if someone can be so kind as to do that (if you dont want it viewable here, PM me) - I can give you all of the information about your car when it came out from factory! :DB)

Also, If it's all working sweet - I'll probably make a Torrent file so people can start downloading it themselves... there are instructions for it on SAU, but I'm sure I could post them up on here too! :)

really? then you'll steal me car right?

ok. why don't i just leave me car open with the keys in it at your house and catch a taxi home?

lol :lol::P

can't ppl pull shifty's with vin numbers? sif i'll give it out!

lol, this is what I thought - people would think I'm doing something dodgy! But I'm not, I swear! :o

If you dont believe me - check out this thread on SAU

Nissan FAST

not that that's really much evidence, but come on! I'm 18, dont have a 180SX yet, and just want to check this software out :ph34r::blink:

how big is the file? i will test it out myself and tell you the results.

why dont u just go on trading post...heaps of ppl leave their vin numbers on there

and btw cars from japan dont have vin numbers...a vin number is given to u when u compliance the car.

so i doubt the vin number would give u all that info

Yeah, I already tested it uses the VINs you can get off www.carsales.com.au dealer cars - so don't worry guys, you can all be paranoid mofos :P and now I can get all the info on any car I look at importing or buying :lol:

btw the program is about 1.55GB - so feel free to download it yourself.

http://onionz.com/~saft/fast/

I've just downloaded the Fast software but how does it work? It seems there is 4 cd's. I get the screen up asking for a model number but which one is the model number or the VIN number?

thanks gonna try to download it and will pm of the result in a few days (doing this at work so it is cheaper hehe).

and btw cars from japan dont have vin numbers...a vin number is given to u when u compliance the car.

hmm...i thought all car has vin? like a birth cert of a car

good software to check my car...coz my Q has J's wheel when i bought it...and i was told the firewall has been bashed to fit a very big dump pipe....something like 4" dump pipe...so the history of my car is so complicated :S

Yeah you want the chassis number I beleive.

As in the one which says KRPS - 1059 or whatever

If you read the rest of the skylines australia thread, you'd realise theres alot of vins posted there to try out.

This software is awesome.. Exploded parts diagrams for every part of every domestic japanese nissan.

^^^

u need torrent downloader like azureus, .....err...cant remember other downloader name :P

Go here to download it...

NISSAN FAST DOWNLOAD

Installation

There's the link... Go there and start downloading... Don't download the files that start with a32 or a33 (they are the cefiro / maxima service manuals)...

The FAST files are named A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, GR, GL, ER, EL1, EL2... They are all compressed RAR's (www.rarlab.com)...

The breakdown is as follows:

Domestic Japanese Market (pretty much everything we are interested in)...

A1

A2

A3

B1

B2

General RHD and LHD (America basically)...

GR

GL

European RHD and LHD (Europe funnily enough)...

ER

EL1

EL2

It's probably only worth grabbing the A and B files...

OK, so once you have them downloaded, start unraring the files to the following directory structure:

C:\

--NISSAN\

----CD\

------A1\

------A2\

------A3\

------B1\

------B2\

Once you have done that go to C:\NISSAN\CD\A1\FASTPRG\WIN32\SINKI\ and run SETUP32.EXE...

Follow the bouncing ball by clicking next, next, next... This installs the actual FAST software to C:\NISSAN and creates the necessary start menu structure...

Once the install finishes, you will be presented with a Setup screen... Click the CD-ROM setup button and a new window opens... Choose the 5 Drives button and fill out the 5 rows that appear as shown below:

C:\NISSAN\CD\A1\

C:\NISSAN\CD\A2\

C:\NISSAN\CD\A3\

C:\NISSAN\CD\B1\

C:\NISSAN\CD\B2\

Click OK to return to the main setup screen...

Next click the Font button and choose MS Gothic as the font type and Japanese as the script type... Hit OK to return to the main setup screen... (This step is not essential but makes things a little nicer...)

Hit OK to exit the setup program and to save the configuration...

You would think we are finished now but there is one more essential step... Navigate to C:\NISSAN\CD\A1\FASTPRG\WIN\GR\ and copy the NSFASTKY.INI file to your C:\WINDOWS\ directory... Then go to your C:\WINDOWS\ directory and find the NSFASTKY.INI file and change its attributes (right click, properties) to NOT read-only...

That's it... You can now start Nissan FAST by going to Start - Programs - FAST for Windows - FAST for Windows...

I installed this not that long ago, to my dismay even when entering my VIN it says it is not listed, owell i just did a search for RS13 and you get all the info you need.

I just installed it, you enter rs13 or whatever in the first box and the 6 digits in the second box

works good.

This program has exploded diagrams and parts numbers listed. :)

lol this program sounds awsome, does it only do silvias n shit or does it do all nissans, i may be gettin an exa soon an will need parts lol

-HiBz

hey menthu, remember how i told ya i was talkin to the guys from nissan waitara when the warranty ppl were tryin to screw me.. well thats what they used and u wanna know what the found on my car.. nuffin.. it wasnt in the system at all.. i dont think that the japs released all their info.

some cars in the system don't work properly... there's a trick to it if your car dosen't show up when you hit go... you gotta fill in the model name field as well and then try again... it works 100%. We didn't think the company kakimoto R33 was in the system either, until we did that and it showed up.

ok i've downloaded and extracted all the files and have installed the program but when the setup menu is suppose to come up it says 'C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-Dos and Microsoft Windows applications', so how do i fix this and what does it mean?

Find the program file in c:\program files\nissan\ directory and run that. I found that running it from the start menu didnt work for me either.

i can get the Menu screen up but then if i click something either nothing happens, or i get a pop up saying "fast cd not found" or i get what i typed above.

First of all hi! I'm from Panamá and I have a 240SX S13

I've been searching this software for at least 2 months, I started downloading it a week ago, maybe, from the Torrent at Onionz domain.... everything was ok, until it stopped at 55.4%....

No one else here in my country have the software, the only one, only had it on CDROM and well, it scratched and died....

If anyone can give me a new torrent direction, send it directly, or any information were I can download it, I'll be really gratefull,

Thanks

Benji_nismo240sx B)

no one? :huh:

Hey mate, I have it... but unfortunately my internet isn't working properly at the moment (my ISP has screwed up!)

If you can wait a week or two, I'll be able to make a torrent for you.

Let me know.

Of couse dude, and lot of thanks...

I have been waiting for a few months, I can wait a week more, when you have it post here.. when I finish download I will keep the seed up for others too...

:lol:

no one? :huh:

Hey mate, I have it... but unfortunately my internet isn't working properly at the moment (my ISP has screwed up!)

If you can wait a week or two, I'll be able to make a torrent for you.

Let me know.

Edited by nismo240sx

Yeh, its great software.

Also, you can use "parts master" to see if other cars use the same parts as yours. Kinda like the patrol clutch in the skyline thing..

Great for when you own a stagea, finding aftermarket alternatives to genuine is helpful.

hey can someone send me a torrent for this program, iv been looking for it for ages, and all the links in this forum dont work :o or if anyone can tell me a current website thats hosting the program,

cheers :D

someone email me it cos the links arne't working please

xio_neo@hotmail.com