Sign in to follow this  
GBear

some weird plug under the passenger seat.

while i was looking for something i slid the front passenger seat all the way up was looking under the chair when i noticed a flat plug, its wiring was covered with wiring loom and i tried to trace the wire back and it felt like it went under the car floor.

anyone know what it is? the plug looks kinda flat. also, its a '93 180sx.

Yeah i noticed these plugs to.. one under passenger and one under drivers.

I followed the cable and it actually goes to the set belt clip thing? wtf?

Nah these plugs aren't aftermarket wiring. at first I thought maybe they were there if some models would have had electrical adjusting chairs? but no 180's i have ever heard of have that feature

hmmm

maybe it was an option no one ever selected!! lol

its a mystery!

aww, gee, i remember this being covered on silviaaustralia.com ages ago. it had something to do with the seatbelts that is removed when complianced. can't remember what though. maybe an automatic seatbelt tensioner. I THINK.

yeah its an option.. electrical seats or heated seats and etc.. something like that... havent seen a 180 with them though.. but all of them have the plug.

yeah i've been scratching my head on what the hell those plugs are for.... sounds right that they were meant for auto seatbelt tensioner / seat warmer(??? guess it gets cold in japan) thought it was factory because it seemed like stock wiring. good to know what they're actually for now :)

They are from the original seatbelts, auto pretensioners and untensioners

yep, this guy's on the nail B):D they're electric pretensioners and untensioners ;)

I've always thought they were the plugs which connect to the seatbelt warning light on your dash. as the seatbelts are changed in compliance i think, they would probably unplug these warning lights. when i turn the car on it flashes twice then goes away. I'm pretty sure its for that.

I've always thought they were the plugs which connect to the seatbelt warning light on your dash. as the seatbelts are changed in compliance i think, they would probably unplug these warning lights. when i turn the car on it flashes twice then goes away. I'm pretty sure its for that.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what they are.

Notice on your dash there is a warning light for seatbelts. When seatbelts aren't being used, this light will stay on.

For some reason, this is disabled in compliance.

All S13's have them...

I agree with this one.

I just installed S15 seats into my 180 and the s15 seats had these and it was for the seatbelt warning light.

Yes its just for the seatbelt warning. Imports get them taken off due to Seatbelt compliancing therefore the plug just stays under the seat.

Clint

as has already been said in this thread, they are for seatbelt pre-tensioners on the japanese seatbelts.

i just got 2 new seats still with the plugs in them im gunna hook em up and find out hehehe

yeah, seatbelt warning light.... but I've seen an S13 that must have still had the original seatbelts, and had (apparently) been complied with them, as the seatbelt buckle still had wires coming out of it that connected to the plug you guys have been finding.... hmm...

My seat belt buckle still has the wires coming out of it, but not connected to anything... There is actually 2 plug under the drivers side seat - both different sizes.

Anyone know how to hook them up?

They are for the pretensioners... If they were for a warning light they wouldn't be under both seats, coz you don't always have a passenger and you would have a light annoying you...

heh always wondered what those little fvckers where for. thought they where from some crazy amps or someshit or speakers or neons that the crazy jap was running bfor my car came to aus.

Finally i know what they are! Ive got these too and never been able to find out what they were used for.

here i was assuming it was for neons or something...ha

well for mine wen i put on the seat best it feels loose but i cant really opull more of it out. and wen i take it off it retracts quick