Sign in to follow this  
The New Guy

Aus Spec S15 HI-FLow TURBO.

Hi guys I just bought an S15 Turbo that has been hiflowed. How much power should i be expecting from it and what should be the safe boost for everyday driving.

I'm getting it put in tomorow can't wait hehehe

Thanks y'all. :)

Turbo.jpg

if its been hi flowed i would say safely up to 250rwkw with the right gear around it ! :huh:

cool....Also i'm getting it put in tomorow for $280, does this sounds reasonable?

if you were handy with a spanner you could do it yourself !

seems a bit steep to just FIT a turbo, does that include any tuning ?? ;)

what exactly was done for it to be high-flowed????

i love it how all these people are throwing figures around without even knowing whats been done to the turbo...

(price to get it fitted sounds about right)

I don't think it's as easy as people may have said. I'm quite handy with the spanner, but i feel safer leaving this to the tech. $280 doesn't include gasket and coolant. Althought the mech had a look at my gasket and he said i don't need to change it if it's not stuffed.

The $280 would give me a warranty on the works that was carried out. I got a quote also from Protek for $220 fitted.

what exactly was done for it to be high-flowed????

i love it how all these people are throwing figures around without even knowing whats been done to the turbo...

(price to get it fitted sounds about right)

hi flowing is hi flowing, which is fitting bigger wheels to the standard housing if this has been done right the the turbo WILL be capable of 250rwkw or there abouts!

i still think the price for fititng seems steep but i could be wrong :huh:

PS if your getting a warrenty on the work then its probably good for piece of mind at least you kow if anything goes wrong with it, its on them not you!

By looking at the Turbo, i think it had only been hi-flowed on the inlet area. The wheel seems to be the same. I guess it would be a bit more responsive, but dunno how much. Also the Turbo is only 3500 ks old (i was told)

without cams probably 230rwkw....

But like the other dude said its hard to tell because you dont know what has been done to highflow the turbo....

If the rear wheel is the same and the rear wastegate is the same size then i doubt there will be any performance increase to the turbo...

depends on many factors - my rough guess is based on the fact that my SR20 with a T28 made 240rwhp on 15psi and that was without a real ecu or cams...

What kinda mods u have to have that much power. What do u mean by real computer (ie full computer?)

Pod air filter

Z32 80mm AFM

FMIC

3" Turbo back exhaust

555cc or 740cc injectors

Larger intank fuel pump

ECU (apexi power FC)

with your turbo should do the trick! B)

OK, it's finally in today, Thanks to Nelson at Racing Project (free plug hahaha).

Anyway we took it for a test drive after it was done, and i am very happy with the result. There seems to be a little bit of lag down low compaired to the t25, but after 3.5g it just keep on reving and reving very happily and that was on stock boost (can;t wait to boost it up to 14 hehehe). The turbo is so stock looking which is so cool.

Also to note i just changed to Agip oil and my goodness, i can say that it is better than the motul i had before. the car runs smoother and the engine is quieter too.

One of the reason for me to change the turbo because i thought the t25 was about to go because of this really anoying noise i hear all the time, but after thorough investigation it turned out to be one of the bearing on one of the pulley, nothing do with the turbo. We had a look at the t25 and nothing is wrong with it no shaft play or nothing which kinda made me feel a bit like a stooge.

But any way the t25 is up for sale if anyone is interested, it's in very good condition.

internet skills bro

What kinda mods u have to have that much power.  What do u mean by real computer (ie full computer?)

Pod air filter

Z32 80mm AFM

FMIC

3" Turbo back exhaust

555cc or 740cc injectors

Larger intank fuel pump

ECU (apexi power FC)

with your turbo should do the trick! B)

With those mods you will be pushing atleast 220rwkw on 1bar... i garuntee this or ill shootmyself...(well your motor be be in good nick :angry: )

These are pretty laggy and suffer from compressor surge, depending on who did it. i would have saved for something decent.

These are pretty laggy and suffer from compressor surge, depending on who did it. i would have saved for something decent.

I'll second that... my turbo on my R33 was built by a reputable workshop known for this sort of work and i had pretty bad compressor surge at low rpm/cruising. High-flow's are a very iffy topic, unless built spot on.