Sign in to follow this  
Ayhizzle

Ca18de s13 manual daily fuel consumption?

I'm getting around 330km a full tank out of my s13 I was told this is about right . But believe is FOS

Is it or ??

Edited by steveP

That's a bit low... My SR20DE used to get 450-550km a tank.

Check your O2 sensor

O2 sensor had been changed recently at the header side, does the catalytic one need to be replaced ?

O2 sensor had been changed recently at the header side, does the catalytic one need to be replaced ?

Thats not a o2 sensor, its a cat temp sensor its useless.

Thats not a o2 sensor, its a cat temp sensor its useless.

My bad. Cheers

give it a basic tuneup. ie: plugs, air filter, fuel filter, set the timing, set tps, check the coolant temp sensor for the ecu is working properly (or even just replace it) set tyre pressures, check the cat isn't blocked or mufflers collapsed.

• Upvote 1

My ca18det gets 500km or more a tank brus so you got something going wrong there, follow what bling said hopefully it improves for you!

My ca18det gets 500km or more a tank brus so you got something going wrong there, follow what bling said hopefully it improves for you!

Wow that is under 10L/100km... I assume the tank is 50L? Could be 55L but i have always been unsure.

My CA18DET gets on average 360km per tank, sometimes more if i baby the car but that is with 16psi boost and a T28.

• Downvote 2

Wow that is under 10L/100km... I assume the tank is 50L? Could be 55L but i have always been unsure.

My CA18DET gets on average 360km per tank, sometimes more if i baby the car but that is with 16psi boost and a T28.

my s15 gets better than that.....and thats got 400hp

you should probably get that fixed

does your car sit on 16 psi when cruising?

I was just stating max boost bling..

I think it is due to my fuel gauge not being correct or my O2 sensor is dead.

Even with the O2 sensor disconnected - it didn't change anything when it was on the Dyno on Saturday...

I should probably get a new O2 sensor.

my s15 gets better than that.....and thats got 400hp

you should probably get that fixed

Your S15 is also 12 years newer and the engine is probably in better condition so yeah i would expect you get more that that.

Your O2 sensor is probably working like it should too.

When it was on the dyno cruise AFR was 14.7 - so here's hoping my fuel gauge is incorrect.

Edited by AC-S13
  • Downvote 1

im running a t28 too, but on stock boost with stock smic still in the car. im also unsure of tank size, i think its actually 60L?

Yeah righteo. I have always been unsure about fuel tank size hey. I have been reading everywhere says 60L (official websites and s13 engine manual). Whenever my fuel gauge is on E and I fill up I only get 50L max.

Is it true the light comes on with 10L to spare?

I am going to test this theory very soon with a jerry can in the boot and drive the car until it runs out so I get an idea of how much petrol is left after it hits E and the light comes on.

• Downvote 1

Yeah righteo. I have always been unsure about fuel tank size hey. I have been reading everywhere says 60L (official websites and s13 engine manual). Whenever my fuel gauge is on E and I fill up I only get 50L max.

I am going to test this theory very soon with a jerry can in the boot and drive the car until it runs out so I get an idea of how much petrol is left after it hits E and the light comes on.

Its a 60 litre tank

Edited by s13k's

Its a 60 litre tank

Sweet. Excellent. My economy is now going to increase because i now know that when my fuel light come on, 10L to spare. at least another 80 kms.

• Downvote 1

give it a basic tuneup. ie: plugs, air filter, fuel filter, set the timing, set tps, check the coolant temp sensor for the ecu is working properly (or even just replace it) set tyre pressures, check the cat isn't blocked or mufflers collapsed.

Cheers mate I'll give it a go

AC-S15: The extra 10 litres is not going to help your enconomy. Yes you might get more km, but will use more fuel to do it. End result will be the same economy.

I did a QLD to NSW run in my S15 and got around 8l/100km. However driving through Sydney traffic I'm getting 12.5l/100km. But then again when I drive it I'm not trying to save the planet, so it is to be expected. In comparison my 2.4L N/A Accord will do at best 8,5l/100km highway cruising but only 11l/100km through Sydney traffic (again I usually don't pussy foot my way to work).

A turbo car is going to have a wider range of fuel consumption based on how aggressive you drive. Off boost it's a 2 litre, but boosting it can chug fuel like a 4 litre (or more) engine. However if you are indeed pussy footing around and still chugging the juice, then O2 sensor and general tune up is the first thing to do.

• Upvote 1