Sign in to follow this  
Jsrb26

S15 11.6@131MPH on a Bog..need advice/suggestions

Hey guys was just seeing if I could get some ideas or help on my setup and how fast I can potentially go in my silvia and how much more power I can make

A lot of money invested and a very strong build with no short cuts has got me out first time at wsid with this setup doing 130-132mph

Cars best time so far is an 11.6 @130.7mph with a nearly full bog on take off due to the 2step on the vipec not really slowing the car to snap and luanch instead bogging..

Next time out the 2step will be removed and I will launch the car as intended..

Car is setup very well with the best running gear and tein monoflex coils and Mickey T ET streets for now although will eventually get full slicks..

Would mainly like to know how much more boost I can run safely because Scott from insight says that I need 12mm head studs to run above 24psi although I see so many other sr's with not even as strong internals etc running 30psi!?

How much power can I or should I be able to make with my setup?

Also would my current mph achieved be good enough for the car to go a 10.50 if I can get off the line with a good launch?

Also what 60ft should I be able to do with my setup and tyres?

Also note the 11.6 @131mph was with the suspension set on full hard, I can adjust them to very soft..

Any help or advice or anyone with a similar setup or experience been here before would be much appreciated thanks..

SETUP BRIEFLY

S15 silvia

Fully built forged engine 86.5mm bore

264 bc cams-Supertec valve train-ported head

6boost manifold/GT3037s /Tial 45mmexternal gate/custom 3inch high quality exhaust system

E85-2x Intank fuel pumps, I.D2000cc injectors/fuel reg +rail

NA 70mmTBody

OS GIKEN 5 speed gearbox

OS GIKEN TWIN PLATE CLUTCH

OS GIKEN DIFF IN R33 4:11 Diff

M&W PRO 14 Ignition system

Greddy Intercooler

Vipec ECU + EBOOST 2

Tuned via Scott @insightmotorsports on 24psi making 360-370kw at the wheels

I am no expert my any means but..... your rear suspension is as wrong as you could make it. Try stock rear shocks and springs or new cheapies like monroe etc and king springs etc. Get a rear alignment with that suspension setup and run slightly POSITIVE camber and max 1mm total toe in at the rear.

If you want a pro to give you advice.....

Ring the guys at Powertune http://powertune.com.au/contact-us

or Advance motor mechanics http://advancemotormechanics.com.au/contact-us/

Give either of them a phone call and pick their brains but make it a short conversation as you are not one of their customers ( yet ) so you won't get much help from either of them.

stock rear end and 3.7 diff. .4.11 with close ratio box would be wasting too much time going through gears.

Would mainly like to know how much more boost I can run safely because Scott from insight says that I need 12mm head studs to run above 24psi although I see so many other sr's with not even as strong internals etc running 30psi+ ??

How much power can I or should I be able to make with my setup?

Also would my current mph achieved be good enough for the car to go a 10.50 if I can get off the line with a good launch?

Also what 60ft should I be able to do with my setup and tyres?

The first rule with drag racing when your starting out is plenty of runs. See what your current setup can do then when your times are consistent make changes and you will be 100% sure the changes you make are better or worse.

I ran a 12.38 with 230Kw @ wheels on my 5th ever drag run but that took another 2 Wednesday night visits to the strip to be close to a normal run......

Yeah bling commander it's has Cosworth head studs which are very good although just not 12mm

wouldn't stress then. no reason it can't hold 30 psi on the strip.

although i would be concertrating on the suspension and getting the 60 foot down before worrying about cranking up the power.

stock rear end and 3.7 diff. .4.11 with close ratio box would be wasting too much time going through gears.

the 4.11 is ideal

at 7000 rpm

with 3.7 final drive

26 inch overall tire diameter

4th gear 1:1

top speed would be 146 mph

at 131 mph the rpm would be 6300

with the 4.11 final 7000 rpm at 131mph ( make sure you have some buffer for rpm limit tune and set to 7500) ,

you would need to run a 1.50 - 1.60 60 ft

it's all i the 60ft , this is what sets you up for a quick time and top end power will bring it home

i have run a 1.53 60 ft in my lancer and i missed 3rd gear with a few tenths lost i still ran a 10.80 @ 131 mph

at the start line pull the handbrake and load up all the backlash in the drive train this will avoid shock and stop you from smashing a diff , axle or gearbox

the best way to launch is to slip the clutch use it like a torque converter (clutches don't last long )

when you feel the tires bite release the clutch completely and bury the accelerator (it all happens so quick that the best i can describe it)

although my lancer is awd i also used this method with my sigma running a 9" hoosier with 200-220 rwks and ran 12.10 @ 112 mph

you have enough power to run a 10 and your 131 mph is good for a 10.60 - 10.90 , unless he set up is laggy and the tune might need some work if the car bogs down off the line

with a well matched turbo and a nice crisp tune the car should be easy to drive out of the hole if it's a pig then you will have to practice the launch because you have less margin for error

my lancer

10.58 @ 135.80 mph 1.61 60 ft

10.80 @131 1.53 60 ft and missed 3rd gear still chopped the R35 gtr

aggess running 10.49 @ 131 mph 1.50 60ft

Also note the 11.6 @131mph was with the suspension set on full hard, I can adjust them to very soft..

your suspension is not ideal for drag racing

you need soft springs in the rear just use a pair of stock struts and springs slightly lower then stock

get some stock front struts and send the inserts to these guys and tell me you want them set up for drag racing

leslie and sons

19 Mologa Rd, Heidelberg West VIC 3081

(03) 9459 2859

refit the inserts into front struts and leave springs at stock ride height

try that and post up your results

your suspension is not ideal for drag racing you need soft springs in the rear just use a pair of stock struts and springs slightly lower then stock get some stock front struts and send the inserts to these guys and tell me you want them set up for drag racing leslie and sons 19 Mologa Rd, Heidelberg West VIC 3081 (03) 9459 2859 refit the inserts into front struts and leave springs at stock ride height try that and post up your results

Your cars a beast mate, in the video with the R35 GTR you got off the line super quick :thumb: