Sign in to follow this  
DannyR34

how to install a boost gauge 180sx s13 sr20det 1996-1998

I've seen so many misleading threads on this topic so just thought id throw up some photos of where exactly to hook in a T piece for a boost gauge on a 1996 SR20DET, some people may disagree saying its wrong to tap into the fuel reg line on the intake plenum, but this is apparently the only line that gives you vacuum and boost readings, I've had it checked over by my mechanic and he said it would be fine, also I've never had a problem with it.

so you can see my fuel reg line in red, then the black line connected to the boost gauge.

easy :)

hope this helps some people.

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_4931.JPG

IMG_4932.JPG

IMG_4933.JPG

My boost gauge is done the exact same way and I haven't had any problems

• Downvote 1

Mine's connected to the larger port, keeping the fpr on it's own, don't see why you wouldn't just do it that way it's not like it's any harder

Mine has been connected like this for 6 yrs never had any problems at all. Just recently connected that line to a electronic boost controller and still no issues.

I had my boost gauge connected exactly the same...until at the drags the gauge shit itself and I ran lean on boost for all of 3rd and 4th gear..........motor didn't like that.

well there you go, plenty more options as to where to T into for the boost gauge, its good to hear from some others who have had it hooked up the same way for long periods of time, I also put some little hose clamps around it too just to keep it strong.

Then that tee piece snaps/pops off when you're on full song.. your car leans out because fuel pressure drops and kapow motor.

I never install off the fuel regulator for that reason.

You need to respect it.

moving mine very soon for that reason any other spots other then the bov line

ok haven't had a good look at it yet is it the same size as most of the t pieces or do you need to adapt it

ok haven't had a good look at it yet is it the same size as most of the t pieces or do you need to adapt it

can't remember, I don' t own anything SR lol

Then that tee piece snaps/pops off when you're on full song.. your car leans out because fuel pressure drops and kapow motor.

You need to respect it.

Why would the fuel pressure drop if the vacuum line comes off? Fuel pressure is max when no vacuum is being applied (or in the case of a turbo motor when on boost)

You need to respect it.

Why would the fuel pressure drop if the vacuum line comes off? Fuel pressure is max when no vacuum is being applied (or in the case of a turbo motor when on boost)

our cars use a rising rate fuel reg... eg base fuel pressure+boost amount eg 43psi + boost of 20psi=fuel pressure of 63psi. If the reg does not see the boost it stays at base pressure?

moving mine very soon for that reason any other spots other then the bov line

BOV line is perfect man..

Mine is done the same.... bov line.... so much safer

You need to respect it.

our cars use a rising rate fuel reg... eg base fuel pressure+boost amount eg 43psi + boost of 20psi=fuel pressure of 63psi. If the reg does not see the boost it stays at base pressure?

correct and you won't be supplying enough fuel to your rail and kapow motor