Sign in to follow this  
Mark-32

Help Required, Ripped of by Empire Aero

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out with some information or advice....

I recently purchased a wide body kit for R32 skyline from Novak Tesic from Empire Aero that cost $1850 inc freight interstate.

The kit never arrived as organised with him and he has since become uncontactabe with no explanation or response whatsoever. Before payment he responded quickly and seemed quite good to deal with.

After doing abit of digging around I have since discovered others have had this same issue that Im currently having.

Im not one to name and shame but I have now reached the point of having no other option.

Is there anyone thats had dealings with him that can give me some advice on where I should go from here.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mark

he is prob making it or been slack making it or getting one in and doesnt have the balls to tell u ...how long has it been???

what's with all the aero places having photoshopped product images. doesn't inspire confidence

Been over 5 weeks from when he said it would arrive and over 6 weeks since I paid him.

His phone is now off and he doesn't respond to any emails. Although he would redpond straight away before he got my money.

Iv been in touch with fair trading and its a lengthy process as he does not operate under an abn.

My biggest issue was the car had been sitting at the panel beaters awaiting the kit (which was made very clear to him) . He told me when it would be manufactured and the date it would arrive but as I said before once he got the money he made himself uncontactable and his phone is now permanently off.

I did a search on here and saw he had done this to others so I was hoping someone could tell me if they resolved it or got their money back.

Edited by Mark-32

if there's no abn then it's not a legit buisnuss

therefore you might be able to get the cops involded being a private sale??

that'd be where i'd start if i couldn't contact him in anyway

He's still around?

Should have done some research.. Just what i found in 5 seconds.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=273054

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=334884

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=334446

pmod has suggested a good starting point.

if there's no abn then it's not a legit buisnuss therefore you might be able to get the cops involded being a private sale?? that'd be where i'd start if i couldn't contact him in anyway

ok i just read that..

Why would you buy from an illegal business?

If it's a private sale, you should never pay in full until you collect. OR pay via a method where your money can be recovered.

if there's no abn then it's not a legit buisnuss therefore you might be able to get the cops involded being a private sale?? that'd be where i'd start if i couldn't contact him in anyway

ok i just read that..

If it's a private sale, you should never pay in full until you collect. OR pay via a method where your money can be recovered.

who sends an item before it's paid for? i don't think anyone would do that and i've never send anything till i've been paid in full...

ok i just read that..

who sends an item before it's paid for? i don't think anyone would do that and i've never send anything till i've been paid in full...

In a pickup situation, you pay and take it with you.

If it has to be sent, it would be foolish to pay via a method where you cannot recover the money (i.e. Bank transfer). It's the number one target for amateur fraudsters or dodgy/illegal home businesses.

It's one of the biggest reasons why in the past members have been ripped off out of parts/money.

if there's no abn then it's not a legit buisnuss

therefore you might be able to get the cops involded being a private sale??

that'd be where i'd start if i couldn't contact him in anyway

I thought you needed an ABN in order to a have a .com.au URL

edit: did a whois found his ABN... which is expired or cancelled or something from 7 oct 2011

http://dig.whois.com...it=WHOIS+Lookup

http://abr.business....abn=40511028691

http://abr.business....Text=BN98322143

TLDR.. Individual/Sole Trader - Gerry H. Jacobs - BN98322143

Registered at postcode NSW 2168 but that could easily be out of date

Edited by Skepticism

ok i just read that..

Yeah I had no reason to think he was dodgy to begin with. I purchased it after looking on his webbpage which had recently been updated.

To be honest I had seen that nick coulson had got his widebody from there and as there aren't too many places that sell that kit I went ahead with the purchase not knowing how much of a farktard this guy is.

I guess I was too trusting and should have dug abit deeper before handing over the coin but usually when you pay for a product from a business it turns up.

Can anyone tell me if he is in Sydney still or where I might possibly find him.

It wouldn't worry me to much if it was a couple of hundred but its not its nearly 2k and I'm not just going to walk away.

IMO contact both the police and department of fair trading, provide his past ABN and evidence of the agreement (emails etc) which would be legally binding and they'll hopefully be able to follow the info to the person himself. The guy's name may not actually be Novak.. or otherwise it could be that he's connected to the person who registered the ABN and website

i posted some info, see above

edit - not to mention, you presumably transferred into an australian bank account with a BSB and shit...?

one has to assume that he's f**king a bunch of other people over as well.

Edited by Skepticism

I bought a carbon wing blade of him for my gtr and I didn't have a single problem

Even dropped it off at the workshop for me and sent me a txt letting me know once he dropped it off

I bought a carbon wing blade of him for my gtr and I didn't have a single problem

Even dropped it off at the workshop for me and sent me a txt letting me know once he dropped it off

Yeah. But you're Kemp. No one f**ks with Kemp. Just the fat cake lady...

Yeah. But you're Kemp. No one f**ks with Kemp. Just the fat cake lady...

:lol: ass hole :(

The guy is a deadset muppet. He's ripped off numerous people.

I suppose he's still pedalling the excuse that he's in the process of moving to QLD, too.

Nope. I am too. I figured as those prices it would HAVE to be genuine.

I recall the time he had the NSW distributorship for DMax and Supermade. As soon as that all fell over, BAM! He flooded the market with overpriced shit copies of them.

^^ same dude really

Wans there a big thing of dmax aus ripping people off a few years back?

Yeah, that was the national distributor that clownfeatures was buying his kits off.

They were Adelaide-based. Were in the same complex as Wheelworx.