Sign in to follow this  
s13k's

Looking for 180SX Type X Under $10k or better to Import?

Hi guys, Im looking for a type x 180sx under 10k. is that a reasonable budget?

Originally wanted a s15 but I cant wait and need a car to get around and wouldnt mind a 180sx.

Prefer minor mods like front mount and coils already in the car.

Ive searched everywhere and its like theres no clean Type x's for sale!

Also what colours did they come in? Id like a red one but they seem rare.

ps. how much is compliance for a 180sx fresh from Japan? J-spec can get me a clean as one for around $8k landed and regoed but no compliance.

Just tossing up between my options but id really like to view the car I want in person rather than a few dodgy auction pics.

Thanks

$8k landed and rego'd is cheap for a type X if its clean and mint!, no compliance though is a worry, you might want to look into this being an issue with the police or not tbh.

Type X usually sell for 12k on average in Aus, clean and dirty ones,

yes Red is rare

white, black, silver are the common colours

good luck with your shopping

Edited by AE86557

Would have to, just the cost isn't included.

May need extra work for roadworthy so until you get the car here it's hard to put a price on it.

Fly to japan and buy one for $1000 shipping to oz $1500, compliance $4000 general things for rego lets say $1000 then rego $1500. With flights it's close to $10k.

I've seen heaps advertised for 7-10k

People like j spec, imports 101 and import monster are rips man they charge you $1000+ transport across japan import taxes fuel costs and heaps of other shit and at the end of it all your still buying blind. My old Torana looked fukin wicked in photos but in real life it was like bondi beach on a really windy day.

Be patient there's always someone desperate for cash and only own a car so there will be a good one that pops up cheap.

Thanks guys I've decided to wait it out for a white one :) I saw a pic of a white type x with 18inch bbs LMs and I fell in love

no one sells mint ones because they are hard to find and cheap *milkshakes* wont pay what its worth.

thats why I have kept mine so long, anyway.

Good lucky finding mint type x 180s and if you do expect to pay top $$$ they are almost becoming

Collectables ...

This guys mentioned his might be for sale.

White completely unmolested and is near flawless.

I remember when I met him once his S15 was kept meticulously clean,

he's a panel beater aswell so has an eye for a good car.

http://nissansilvia....c=521379&st=840

I was about to say thats not a Type X let alone a 180sx... lol

Any idea how much he wants for it? Im from NSW but depending on the cars condition and how easy itll be to get a blueslip Im willing to travel

Fly to japan and buy one for $1000 shipping to oz $1500, compliance $4000 general things for rego lets say $1000 then rego $1500. With flights it's close to $10k.

I've seen heaps advertised for 7-10k

People like j spec, imports 101 and import monster are rips man they charge you $1000+ transport across japan import taxes fuel costs and heaps of other shit and at the end of it all your still buying blind. My old Torana looked fukin wicked in photos but in real life it was like bondi beach on a really windy day.

Be patient there's always someone desperate for cash and only own a car so there will be a good one that pops up cheap.

U can't just fly to Japan and import a car

Well u could but u wouldn't be able to get it register on Australian roads

U would need to own the car in Japan for 2 years or some shit before u can import it as a personal import for public Australian roads

I know this because one of my mates had to go through this for his Evo wagon

Kemp you idiot, it IS that easy. Stop being a naysayer. Let these guys fly over there and just do it. stop hogging all the cars to yourself. Maaaaan.

Kemp you idiot, it IS that easy. Stop being a naysayer. Let these guys fly over there and just do it. stop hogging all the cars to yourself. Maaaaan.

Just thought I would let him know what my mates had to go through

Not being a naysayer

Didn't want To bust his bubble

My mates even rented a warehouse to keep the cars until they could bring them over

Renting a place to keep the cars for 2 years and all the other cost involved in importing the car adds up

A personal import isn't as easy as it use to be

Yep... so much f**king legwork and unknown costs. I'd rather pay one of those rip off importers to do shit I have no idea about doing.

Back on topic:

People want type x's

Clean late model ones are harder to find

You want to pay less than everyone else does

Stick to your S13, or practice being in the right place at the right time.

I think you can go over and buy a 180SX at auction without the whole owning it for 2 years as its on SEVs and sheit.

like i cant imagine its any different than having a broker do it for you. you're just inspecting the car personally.

Hey guys quick question, is there such thing as a series 1 and series 2 type x or is it a myth?

I can't find info on but a dealer told me there's such thing. There's a private sale 180sx Type X (confirmed genuine) from 1994 so is there any difference say to a 1998 one?

Heaps.

CA18DET 89-90 model 180's were sold as Type I and Type II.

Redtops (90-93) were sold as Type I, Type II and Type II. SR, different interior

Blacktops (94-95) were sold as Type X and Type R. Different interior again. "type x" Rear pods were optional from this point on

"type x" 96-97 were sold as Type X, Type R and Type S (non-turbo). New front bar, side skirts, tail lights. different badges. new interior.

98 models were sold as Type G only, which were non-turbo.

It pisses me off to no end for people to refer to ALL late model ones as "type X", when a) they're not all type X, and B) the mid-to-late term model's were type X's as well.

Lol mint 180... haha. I was looking for a mint 180 from 2007 to 2009, then I realised that I'd only ever get one if I made it mint.

Edited by Suspop

Lol mint 180... haha. I was looking for a mint 180 from 2007 to 2009, then I realised that I'd only ever get one if I made it mint.

its all relative. youll never find a perfect one, but youll find one that is far better than the rest of em.

ive come across a few mint type X.. though have not seen some in a very long time, its not impossible, just takes MORE time now then a few years ago

ive come across a few mint type X.. though have not seen some in a very long time, its not impossible, just takes MORE time now then a few years ago

and more money

I've seen a couple, I remember seeing a completely stock mint silver one, seen a couple of very good condition ones that had some mods.

Midnight purple type Xs are where its at though.

no one sells mint ones because they are hard to find and cheap *milkshakes* wont pay what its worth.

thats why I have kept mine so long, anyway.

I'm in your boat too. I figure if I ever tried to sell I would be lowballed to poop because of the number of Type X's getting around with bits missing or swapped out front bars or whatever.

Poppin' Fresh, it's a bit of a waiting game unfortunately. I was lucky and only had to search for 6 months and the only negs were dog hair everywhere and they'd swapped out the grey glovebox for some god awful black fluffy one.

Look at this on eBay:

180sx Type X Part Out 2.2 Stroker S13 S14 S15 Silvia Dataun Sr20det Must See $$$

http://bit.ly/1dsGh14

Check it out contact me if you need anything

12/97 gun barrel straight and rego, theres movement for people to play with don't worry.

Am I asking to much?? Should it be $500?? Or the other option is put it all back to stock but then I'll want $10,000 for it..mmmmmm

You have a track car at home driving you mad because you only get to drive it once a month, red re shell to my shell then bam no blue slipping bullshit..,,

That privilege comes at a price.

Edited by TRUNYA

I have a good one. The longer I have it the more I think I'll probably have it forever. 1997, in the best colour and is pretty mint. A mate of mine has been looking for one for about 12 months now with no luck. I think we will have to look to japan.

DSC_0136.jpg