Sign in to follow this  
advanced jap auto

Tune Completed Nistune 50F00 SR20DET Ecu Mitsubishi L300 Van 4G63 Turbo Engine

After Screwing around with an old aftermarket ecu for a whole day and playing with very coarse injectors pulse increments using 450cc injectors I finally spat the dummy and decided to integrated a sr20det 50F00 ecu , loom and Nistune board to our customers van which we earlier converted to 4G63 turbo (rvr evo ) engine with all the factory 4wd drive line.

The end result was exactly what i was hoping , perfect cold start and warm start, excellent mixtures and stable idle during warm up and very stable mixtures through out the whole map.

The gtir rnn14 AAC controls idle as if it was fitted to the vehicle by Mitsubishi on the production line, this has been a pleasure to tune, the set up responds to every key stroke almost like a motec

The power output is more then we had hoped with the tune 70% complete and the last of the steady state tune done at 5200 rpm, we have 820nm peak torque @ 3400 rpm , 144kws, 13 psi @ 5200 rpm with a very conservative ignition map as it's running a small td04 turbo which makes full boost by 2600-2700 rpm,

I'm amazed at how well it tuned and it was a pleasure to tune

This really proves the flexibility and quality of the factory Nissan ecu's especially with the Nistune boards fitted, We will be trialing nistune fitted ecu's on a few different vehicles in the future , we are hoping that all motor enthusiast would consider running Nistune as an alternative to aftermarket ecu's.

This would really benefit budget builds and the smooth factory drive ability plus all the features ( cold-warm start, accel enrich decel inj cut off, crank enrich etc...) work exactly as they should and this would be very time consuming and expensive to achieve with an aftermarket ecu.

A small clip of start up !

http://youtu.be/Ods0jGFcUOI

Pics Of The Build

engine-bay.JPG

piping5.JPG

radiator-pipe8.JPG

van7.JPG

lobster6.JPG

piping 3.JPG

ss-lob1.JPG

van-dump5.JPG

van-intake-pipe.jpg

van-intake-pipe-bov.jpg

van-dump.JPG

Edited by advanced jap auto

Tune completed,

I put the engine through it paces and I made sure i gave it a good work out, just encase it has any niggling issues I would hope they show up now and not the drive back to Sydney .

L300-van-4g63-nistune-dyno.jpg

Did you run into many issues with the ecu swap?

not really

it was pretty straight forward , once i had grafted the sr20 cas internals into the mitsi cas housing all i had to do was sync the disc with the largest inner hole about 20 degrees before the optic sensor at TDC on compression stroke, also had to make sure i had the chopper disc was spinning in the right direction and it fired first shot

The following parts were adapted to make it all work

sr20 coolant temp sensor

sr20 throttle position sensor

rb25 series 1 coil packs

r33 series 2 air flow meter

rnn14 pulsar AAC valve

nistune

knock sensor not fitted, using resistor and open circuit to switch knock map which is being used as a LPG ignition map

Dual map nistune? sneaky. I like it.

(and all that other stuff, too)

180KW but 820NM... sounds odd, is that front and rear wheel torque added together?

Interesting dual map idea. Are you just adjusting the fuel values/estimated AFRs in the knock timing and fuel maps to compensate for the different fuel?

180KW but 820NM... sounds odd, is that front and rear wheel torque added together?

the power was 144 kw not 180kw

820nm from 3rd gear pull with 1.360 ratio a final drive of 4.8 on a mainline dyno is perfectly normal

the vehicle was dynoed in RWD

Interesting dual map idea. Are you just adjusting the fuel values/estimated AFRs in the knock timing and fuel maps to compensate for the different fuel?

the knock fuel map has no bearing on the tune or AFR'S, all fueling is taken care of by the LPG injection system.

the fuel injectors are not powered up when the vehicle is running in LPG mode , (02 disabled)

the knock ignition map is used to dial in the perfect ignition map to suit LPG, this ensures the perfect tune on both fuels types ( still in testing phase results so far are looking positive )

some changes are required in the table nistune menu ,knock limp timing must be set to zero to avoid additional retard

Update

The owner has collected the vehicle and he made the long journey from Melbourne back to Sydney without incident and best of all he made it on $150 worth 98 ron premium fuel at $1.65 per liter running on the tune with no help from closed loop.

Scoreboard

Nistune 1 - 0 Aftermarket Ecu