Sign in to follow this  
TunedBy

GKtech intake pipe, avc-r boost controller and the fuel vapor line

hi guys,

i have just finished connecting all the vacuum and boost lines according to the Apexi AVC-R instructions which indicate to block off the pre-turbo vacuum line.

i have also removed the carbon canister and was wondering if anybody has used or is it possible to plumb the vapor line into the pre-turbo vacuum nipple on the GK tech intake pipe?

my thoughts are it may introduce un-metered air, but would make the otherwise useless nipple useful...

thoughts?

because... racecar

i have sorted out all the vacuum lines according to the AVC-R manual and i have two ports available.

1. the charcoal canister vacuum line on the throttle body

2. the vacuum line on the intake pipe

the charcoal canister has been replaced with my catch can.

Enjoy the smell of Fuel with out the Charcoal canister!

You could of just kept the Charcoal canister and got an over the radiator Catch can..

smell of fuel... I used to race a datsun so to be honest i was more worried about the smell of exhaust fumes :D

the only place i could plumb it back into is the pre-turbo line on the GK tech intake pipe.

acceptable?

I removed my charcoal canister and haven't yet decided what to do with the fuel vapor line. Considering removing all hoses up till the fuel tank, won't be any different then the system on old cars.

on a side thought i beleive i can re-incorporate it into the system by running a hose from the lower port on the throttle body to the charcoal canister with a T piece in it.

i'll then run the vapour return line onto the T and will rely on the vacuum line to be the switch and the intake.

other alternates i have read have been to chop the hard steel line back, put some hose over the end and cap it.

then to ensure it releases pressure you cut a X in the hose which will keep gunk out but will vent when the pressure builds up.

anyway B00sted, if you do delete the canister, make sure you keep the check valve in your line.