Sign in to follow this  
------ S-Tune ------

S15 brake line bracket

Anyone know if the S15 has the same brake line bracket on the front strut as the S14

i bought a set of supposedly S15 front struts and the brake line bracket is upside down

s15 and s14 suspensions are interchangeable so brake line bracket should be the same. unless you have 2 left pair or 2 right pair? try and upload a pic.

Here's a pic of the strut i removed. This had no trouble when initially installed so I'm assuming that it was identical to the oem strut that it replaced years ago. But when I went to mount the recent one the bracket was upside down.

I know the S15 and 14 are interchangeable but are everyone just wedging these brackets on without installing it in the proper position.

Notice how the flat section is towards the bottom of the strut, The unit i installed has this on the top as if it was turned around 180 degrees

i could try and rotate the hose but id have to bleed it as it might release air in the system. i was in hurry to get this done so might try and do it some time later. but i just found this very strange that it was the other way around.

The unit ya looking at as a Nismo S-Tune front right hand strut for S15. the strut i bought off eBay was supposedly a S15 strut

9uue1c.jpg

Edited by ------ S-Tune ------

the only difference between s14 adn 15 coilovers is that bracet as the metal part of the brake line hoses are slightly fifferent between the 2 from memory

i've herd that these are different from s14 and s15, but not a big issue, use cable tie to hold it in place and be done