Sign in to follow this  
Fro-Daddy

Anyone lose a wheel today?

I heard someone was driving like a mong near my place today and lost a wheel.

mong.jpg

rotas

truth

Edited by -Truck-

Genuine work equips actually, and there was no driving like a mong, it came off at 20km/h. I forgot to do up the wheel nuts after test fitting a set of gram lights.

No damage except to the guard.

So eat a dick

Luck lol he just said he forgot to do a wheel up. That's not luck he just forgot. Good to hear ya didn't damage anything.

Saw you driving at the shops yesterday so I assumed there wasn't much damage.

I was told fast and loud going towards the IGA, then the wheel came off on the way back. How did you end up in the bus lane on the other side of the road? Could you still steer ok? I've never had a wheel fall off so I don't know haha.

It is loud at any given time :( I am waiting on my varex to turn up so it isn't so noisy.

When the wheel came off I was doing about 20km, i just finished doing a U turn, as I felt something was wrong, I thought I snapped a steering arm. Was heading home to check.

As soon as it came off, I turned and rolled on the disc to the bus lane haha. Figured it was better there than in the middle of the road.

if it makes ya feel better i drove all the way to the coast and then got to the lights at smith st and found i had lost all brakes o_O

622796_10151763046376107_2101289182_o.jpg

pumped allllll the fuggin fluid out all over the inside of the wheel n stuff. very lucky the boot hung onto the piston otherwise idv been proper fooked. Luckily Glen - Incar came and rescued me, cainer! popped piston back in, + bolted back up with some random m8s, bit of fluid > good as gold

lol guess i forgot to nip the bolts.

Edited by scooby36

Holy shit dude! Glad to hear everything is okay.

It goes to show how such a simple lack of vigilance can potentially cause a lot of trouble. From now on I will be checking all nuts whenever there is anything wheel related.

The guys at the shop I took the car to, to get the toe/camber/castor checked said a guy with a patrol lost his wheel at 140 on the highway, showed me a picture of the brake disc worn down about an inch and a half, and he was driving around on it still 6 months later o_O

I don't feel so bar about losing a castor rod nut at my last event now (luckily a spare wheel nut fitted perfectly).

sorta makes me feel old and seen it all kinda thing >.

wheel came off a mates S13 at 110 on the m1... ground the rotor flat.. and it was interesting seeing the wheel come off.. us looking at each other and saying is that our f**king wheel? then the car slowely came down on that side.. (he may have pics of it somewhere)

i shore a rotor in two.. from around the hub part...

IMG078.JPG

Ive also had the cotter pin come out of the castle nut on a tie rod end... then had the castle nut loosen and come off then the tie rod drop off the knuckle... that was interesting coming off the gateway at 100.. put foot on brake.. tie rod drop out of the knuckle.. and the wheen instently snap inwards.. by some fluke i managed to pull it off the exit ramp safely.. to get out thinking WTF happened to seeing my front wheels like this / \ LOL had a look and sure enough... it all happened on the passenger side.. and funnily enough Neil a wheel nut got me out of that to!! hahaha

wheel came off a mates S13 at 110 on the m1... ground the rotor flat.. and it was interesting seeing the wheel come off.. us looking at each other and saying is that our f**king wheel? then the car slowely came down on that side.. (he may have pics of it somewhere)
hahaha man that would be scary as!

more of a wtf... oh shit moment Mike then being scary lol!

yeah ryan.. re-enforced the requirement of double checking everything specially when distractions like phone calls happen

Lol Callum I bet you were clenched in there for a bit :) good to hear it was fixed up quick and didn't cause any major dramas.

And likewise with the wheel Anthony! Bricks woulda been shat briefly if it were me. But a steady slow down to stop is a lucky outcome.

haha yea got my attention.

more gold from my car found the other day... this one isnt my fault though haha. heard a clunking from the front right since i got it, had a look and found

1014448_10151777775886107_1562474122_n.jpg

I don't feel so bar about losing a castor rod nut at my last event now (luckily a spare wheel nut fitted perfectly).

Strangely enough, this used to have your old SR in it. The one you bought off the bikirom guy... It's currently on an engine stand at home with spun bearings.

I literally JUST picked the car up from being painted the day before. $1800 worth of paint and then this happens. Luckily the only damage was to the guard, $350 to be repaired and painted. The castor is bent a little bit, but all arms are okay. Tame in comparison to other tales above!

Pic my mate snapped haha:

1006360_10153219577730570_515321426_n.jpg

See the asian girl taking a picture in the background? That's where my pic came from :P

Bikirom guy is Lucas?

Haha, funny seeing it from both sides.

Anyone know if Lucas/Badbiki is still around?

When I got the Bikirom in my S15 it seemed like he had pretty much given up on it. Not sure if the forums are still active?

haha! I saw her instagram post as well, one of my mates showed me.

Ahh so that is his name, I still have a bikirom SR ecu at home, no one wants it!

Edited by obnxsh

Love how cheerful you guys are about these freaky incidents.

That silvia looks off the show (apart from the missing wheel), really like the paintjob, body add-ons and generally what you've done with it.

I had a wheel come off in my street about 8-9 yeas ago. It was my fault but most importantly the wheel went over the bonnet of the falcon on the side of the road instead of into it. I ran up to the house, grabbed some wheel nuts and a jack, put it on and drove it back home. Pretty embarrising but no real damage.

Edited by Mase