Sign in to follow this  
Ashley.hall

180sx Wheel offset?

Hi a quick question on wheels, I have a completely stock 180sx, coilovers on the way, also have big brakes from an r33 ready to go on. Have no idea what offset wheels to order? Will be 17s and 5x114.3, but what offset? and how wide? Cheers Guys

You looking for an aggressive fit or just nice and flush?

But as above, Rimtuck helped me a tonne when looking for my wheel sizes.

17x9+20ish is a neat look and nothing overly stretched, too many factors but, what size tyre do you want to run, how much camber? what type of stance you after? just stick to something clean so you dont blow money on pointless defects for a little taco poke. Even +30 on a 9inch rim will still look nice and your rims will be close to factory specs camber wise

Edited by Phoenix Silvia

Yeah no problems.

btw im selling 17x9 +28 and 17x10.5 +15 SSR Type C's $1400. these fit stock body no problem (even got 20mm bolt ons to throw in to lower front offset even more).

Yes i know im running wide body but you can fit the ssr's on without it.

180.jpg

30247_388120098110_7047032_n.jpg

It should also be noted that if you go with a wheel that has conservative offset, be careful that the spoke design allows clearance over the R33 brakes.

There's nothing cool about a tyre shop stripping threads on 3 studs and having a wheel dig into your alloy caliper, and don't assume the kid rattling the nuts on is bright enough to figure out there's a reason the wheel isn't going on correctly. Of course, your results could vary from mine...

Edited by pmod

For what its worth, this is 8+35 with 1 degree camber and a balloon 235/45 tyre. Very conservative but still needed to roll guards and need to be aware of spoke shape to not hit brakes.

20130220_081929.jpg

Thanks for all the great info guys, I don't want anything too aggressive or crazy, just something that will look and fit nice, without rolling guards or anything like that. "xris" second pic of the silver Type X 180, that's what im looking for :)

without rolling the guards it will look nothing like that ;) just get whatever fits from the local tyre shop

My current wheels specs are 17x8.5 +32 up front, completly unmodified guards, clears coilovers and guards fine. Rears im running 17x9.5 +28 all that was needed is for the lip on the rear fender to be rolled. Ill upload some pics tomorrow for you.

Can I jump in??

Anyone know if the rear disc offset for 33 is different to 13/14/15? I only ask because I've got 33 rears on my x and I bolted my cr kai 18x9.5 +20 on rears and they hung close to 2 inches out the guard with 1.3deg of camber??? I can't remember them poppin out some much old my old 80 with 15 rears.

all the same. s14/s15/r32/r33/r34 all use the same rear hub. the rotor thickness is the same where it goes between the hub and the wheel as well.

Sweet thought it may have been my imagination but was also thinking the internal section was wider to allow for the hand brake assembly.

I have 17x9 P45 rears 255 rubber all clear and under guards

Thanks for all the info guys, I bought some Drift Teks of a mate in the end, they fit pretty much perfectly, nothing is rubbing and i didn't have to roll the guards :)post-149854-0-08322300-1379230927_thumb.jpgpost-149854-0-86785600-1379231037_thumb.jpg

Cant remember the offset, but they are 9.5 wide on the rear and 8.5 on the front

Will be painting the fronts black soon!

Edited by Ashley.hall

Hi guys wandering if you can help me as well I have a 180sx with Brembo brakes, 5 stud conversion and coilovers. I am looking at wheers 17inch by 8's and 9s that have an offset of +36. D you think these will fit? My car has standard and rolled guards. Thanks in advance! M