Sign in to follow this  
chris_c30

rda brake rotors and pads

Hey guys wanna upgrade to rda slotted and dimpled discs just wanted to know where I can get a good deal on them Bursons repco or online somewhere thanks

Ive never actually asked for it I was under the assumption that allot of places asked for a trade card or something? Guess I should look into it

Ive had apprentice discount on tools and my old work used to let me put stuff on there account ans pay them but don't know how actual trade discount works

Edited by chris_c30

Yeah might do that thanks are dba worth the extra price they seem to cost more and bursons deal in them

Think I've bought from that seller for my S14 also . Only standard rotors , but was cheap as hell .

I'd still try trade first . I don't have that luxury so I went with him . Was a couple of years ago now

But was the cheapest I could find online at the time .

Think I've bought from that seller for my S14 also . Only standard rotors , but was cheap as hell .

I'd still try trade first . I don't have that luxury so I went with him . Was a couple of years ago now

But was the cheapest I could find online at the time .

yeah it seems too cheap so ill contact bursons tomorrow and see what they can do, there website says they deal in dba which i think generally cost more

yeah dont really want to spend too much extra because its a streeter but i want something better then standard

Standard works for me budget wise . Brakes don't suck by any means . I also drive my car not nanna it.

yeh standard is fine but i like when something is worn or broken replacing it with something a little better while its apart

Lol it went from brembos to 33 gtst brakes to this I decided the others were highly unnecessary

Even slotted would be ample for the street .

Yeah but look cooler and im not gonna act like I dont modify in some cases because it looks cool

:lol:

And on that note . I'm outtie

Beware of RDA rotors and the lower range DBA rotors. If you do push it hard in the hills or on any track day, they will most likely warp or crack. This is due to their one-piece design.

Rotors that are 2-piece will tend to take abuse much better but it depends on how you use it.

Beware of RDA rotors and the lower range DBA rotors. If you do push it hard in the hills or on any track day, they will most likely warp or crack. This is due to their one-piece design.

Rotors that are 2-piece will tend to take abuse much better but it depends on how you use it.

they also cost a shitload, and unless you are doing serious track work you don't need them. i've had RDA slotted glowing red from a hills run with no cracks.

they also cost a shitload, and unless you are doing serious track work you don't need them. i've had RDA slotted glowing red from a hills run with no cracks.

I'm not knocking the fact they do work, but at the same time don't expect a crack or warp free rotor after every hard run. If it doesn't crack or warp after each run then that's great.

Avoid drilled or dimpled rotors too, much more likely to crack. Slotted would be better but they still have a higher chance of cracking than plain. But slotted helps with ventilation, deturring water and cleaning the pads.

• Downvote 1