Sign in to follow this  
Matz

Guard Rollers

Wanting to buy a Guard roller and not sure where to get a decent one in Adelaide.

Was looking at both of these on ebay although id preffer to walk into a store and buy one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guard-Roller-Fender-Expander-/250872577288?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a692bbd08

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fender-Reformer-Tool-Lowered-Guard-Former-Expander-Roller-/230980784774?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c7871286

Any help, Always appreciated.

-Christien :beer:

This one's in SA and $40 cheaper

http://www.ebay.com....=item51b0abe832

Thanks mate.

Is there a class of brand when it comes to guard rollers ?

Sceptical about ebay tools unless they are branded with a model.

-Christien

Not that I know of man. I'm looking at getting one myself and would rather go in to a place like Bursons or Auto Pro to pick it up too.

I've read online that the cheapo ones can break so people have beefed up the welds where the main arm joins the hub mounting plate.

**EDIT I took the punt and bought one from the link I posted.

Damn that's cheap! I just bought as well, cant pass up a deal like that. I'll let you know if it's any good when it gets here if you want.

I bought that one off ebay, you can pick it up from pt adelaide. I used it to flair my guard and it worked fine, feels pretty sturdy.

Is it easy to do yourself because I need to do my inner guard lip and for those prices id just do it on my own

It's easy to do . Not as easy to do and not crack paint . Heat gun + go really slow . Don't rush .

Even if you pay someone ....no one will guarantee no paint cracking ... And no one is going to take as much care on your

Car as you would right . Right .

Eh might just pay someone dont see me needing the roller in future

Buy roller + let people borrow for $40 a day = profit

Damn that's cheap! I just bought as well, cant pass up a deal like that. I'll let you know if it's any good when it gets here if you want.

Just bought one also.

These days a full tank of fuel is more than $86, if its crap will just use it as practice steel for welding.

As always, thanks again guys, let you all know how good it is.

-Christien :beer:

the generic cheap ebay ones are poorly made, the thread is really easy to strip then its useless so be carful of that. I ended up using a pole, rag covered hammer and heat gun, turned out much better then the shitty roller. the roller might struggle on the rears.

Mine rocked up the other day, will see how it goes over the weekend.

Mine has had no problems yet, rolled front guards and flaired the rear. Paint cracked to shit on the rears edge but I rushed them out and barley heated them, not fussed about it.

Had a crack with the guard roller today. Heated the paint & rolled the inner lip, no dramas.