Sign in to follow this  
professor

Can anyone help

So I got a rb20det onevia today and it has a little issue. When it is cold it won't idle longer than 10sec, has a miss as well but if you rev or or go for drive it doesn't miss no matter if its hot or cold. And once its warmed up it idles fine and everything. I know it doesn't have cold start on it but they won't explain the miss. I am putting it down to a shitty coil pack. And why have you guys done for cooling wise when it comes to rb in s13 and yes I have searched but nothing really came up

Check it over for air leaks

When mine had the rb25 in it it had thermo fans

Alloy rad and thermo fans, its hard trying to get rb s chassis cool as the engine bays aren't that great as it was... maybe somthing to do with the ecu temp sender? i remember mine used to idle for a bit then die when it got warm when the sender was f**ked

Throttle position sensor or coolant temp sensor. Mine was this

coolant sensor dicky or acv knackered

as for cooling. f**k thermo fans.

alloy rad. stock shroud. gktech fan and rb30 clutch fan mount.

I think temp senso is f**ks reads quite hot but aftermarket only reads 50. Has no cold start I know that but yet starts pretty easy just won't idle until warm and when take it out of gear it won't idle long have to keep starting it

coolant sensor dicky or acv knackered

as for cooling. f**k thermo fans.

alloy rad. stock shroud. gktech fan and rb30 clutch fan mount.

wont work with a 52mm rad so keep it 44mm or whatever the next thickness down is

I think temp senso is f**ks reads quite hot but aftermarket only reads 50. Has no cold start I know that but yet starts pretty easy just won't idle until warm and when take it out of gear it won't idle long have to keep starting it

Nahh the sensor on the water neck with a spade terminal is for the gauge, the one next to it with a two prong plug is for the ecu.

its either one of these two shapes

it_22630-51e02.jpg

Nissan_TempSensor_Newer_02.jpg