Sign in to follow this  
maiky-s15R

New age drifters

Forgive me for newb-ness, but is there anything wrong with the skid pan? I plan on starting out there so as to be less of a danger to people on the track.

Nothing wrong with skid pan at all, everybody that drives a car should do a few skidpan sessions to learn how to handle their car in the wet.

Rain is the great talent reality-check of drifting.

Okay cool, and I may wear skinny jeans but I can promise no snap backs.

get yourself along to a few motorkhana events as well. They are cheap, don't wear much on your car parts and tyres, and are a chill environment.

get yourself along to a few motorkhana events as well. They are cheap, don't wear much on your car parts and tyres, and are a chill environment.

I haven't hear of these before, know of any running in QLD?

Try the Gympie driver training centre and give Lakeside and Queensland Raceway a call. They'll at least point you in the right direction. I think there used to be events at Mt Cotton driver training centre on occasion, but the government ruled 'no drifting' a while ago, then noise restrictions came in and everything got too hard.

I haven't hear of these before, know of any running in QLD?

Sorry mate, i'm not too sure as I've only done them in SA.

Quite a few car clubs do them, so hitup some of your small car car clubs as they tend to be popular with smaller vehicles. In SA the Porsche car club holds events as well... track down your local cam clubs to see if they attend or host them.

Additionally, check the Cam's schedule as they commonly do two come and try days a year (start of summer and winter comps) I'd probably start there.

though this was going to be about kids with there tight jeans, cheap parts and hectic skidpan action

at least it was entertaining

New age drifters do wet skids and run Chinese parts.

People cant be bothered speaking to people over the phone or driving to pick up quality parts. Its easier to update facebook and order China parts online.

Im still amazed about how many people get nervous or have very poor phone skills when they ring my work...

Sigh, Chinese parts... whatever happened to the good old days... and by that I mean 16 seconds in... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXZT70gwNg

though this was going to be about kids with there tight jeans, cheap parts and hectic skidpan action

at least it was entertaining

So, HnR? laugh.png jkjk.

New age drifters do wet skids and run Chinese parts. Do it to look cool and that be it only. Oh, And wear f**king snap backs.. Speaking of which, Off to the "What annoys you" thread.

Urrgh, don't get me started on snapbacks. When I see people wear them I automatically jump the conclusion they are a douchebag. In an ideal world where I was a dictator that would be enough to have people sent to the salt mines for 're-education'...