Sign in to follow this  
Red S15

blocked bov

Hey everyone has anyone else here have there Bov blocked I recently blocked mine up people say it's bad for turbo is that true or not

Please do a search this shit has been covered 5000000 times... do whatever you want regarding the BOV it won't affect the longevity of the turbo one bit. Pro tip: the BOV was not installed by factory to protect the turbo. BOV = turbo savior was part of the 90s/2000s advertising material by aftermarket parts manufacturers.

A bov will make your car slower.

I noticed a lot more pigeons getting caught in my bonnet when I blocked my bov

I tried to block my stock bov. Couldn't find a right f**king screw to fit that hole. So I cbf with it

coke can and silicon works fine for me.

Clark rubber is where I bought the rubber blocking thing for my mates car. On my evo 6 I ran the BOV backwards and got a pigeon sound. SKR recommended running it backwards as 8mr bov leak about 24psi. I am only running 22psi so wouldn't know if it leaks.

n9ch.jpg

Holy thread revival batman!

I found a pop-top lid blocking the standard bov on the stag :lol:

use a $2 rubber chair leg stopper from clarke rubber 27-28mm and a hose clamp. fits perfectly.

Edited by KEslid3r

I'll plug (ha. ha.) clark rubber too, so many useful bits and pieces can be found in that place for various car fabrication needs.

clark rubber have intercooler pipe sized rubber corks :) if you're diagnosing leaks, drill a hole in the middle of one, stuff a valve off a pushbike tube through it, rubber cement, bike pump= instant pressuriser :)

Take it off, weld the piston from underneath, reinstall.

On every forum there is the option to block the different things that people do not like. According to some experts buy essay club and it will have the total guideline that will help the users to improve their knowledge.