Sign in to follow this  
mvp.07

S14 gktech toe arms? And camber arms

I am trying to sort out my s14's suspension before i go in for a full alignment, so am in the market for some camber and toe arms. The car is primarily a daily (90% street / 10% track). Currently i only have Greddy coilovers all round and a strut brace. Was really liking the gktech products but they are sold out till the version 3 gear comes out after July. However they still have s13 toe arms instock at clearance prices and if i am able to make it work id like to grab one while their available. From my limited knowledge i though s13 and s14 toe arm were the same as ive had friends say they've used s14 arms on their s13. Can someone please tell me i am able to make these work for my s14? From the site says there is a 5mm difference in the rose joint insert, am i able to drill this out to fit or something? or possibly purchase different inserts from somewhere to use? im assuming they are just press fit

http://www.gktech.co...-late-july.html

Also can anyone point me in the direction of sub $200, decent quality camber arms. From previous threads i've read kkr and isc are under par but unsure if they have improved in quality. Also seen Hard Race available at a few shops including justjap. Decent?

Edited by mvp.07

thickness of the rose joint is different... some come with both thickness rose joint ends to suit both 13 and the wider 14/15

ie the gap in the 2 forks of the subframe that the arm goes into

after comparing your sub $200 arms to cusco, ikeya formula and spl the diffience is night and day and would never buy cheap again

Edited by (Locky)

ok cool.

when you say the difference is night and day, in terms of what actually? i know the brands you listed are great, high quality items from reputable manufacturers but can you expand on the differences between those brand versus something like gktech's new line coming out? don't take my post as trying to be smart or me being cheap lol, but i want to understand what the major differences are and if i can justify to save more to pay close to double the cost. I'll take ISC and KKR arms off my list so we can make a fairer comparison for quality and cost

once camber and toe arms are installed and all aligned, what other factors play a major part other than strength of material, quality of welds if any and bearing/mount

Edited by mvp.07

Also on another note i am looking into wheel spacers (15mm) to fix up my front offset. Which is the better method to running a spacer, 15mm bolt on or 15mm slip on with extended studs. Or doesnt matter?

bolt on spacers or slip on wont matter.

go too thick with slip on spacers then yes you will require longer studs. 15mm is nothing so slip on with stock studs will be fine, with bolt on 15mm spacers your original studs will stick out higher then the spacer which will hit your rims when mounting, unless your rim has a groove behind it to suit, some rim face has it and some dont.

i believe 7mm is the greatest "safe" length for slip on spaces with standard bolts.

i have 5mm ones on mine, no issues here.

when you say the difference is night and day, in terms of what actually? i know the brands you listed are great, high quality items from reputable manufacturers but can you expand on the differences between those brand versus something like gktech's new line coming out?

what other factors play a major part other than strength of material, quality of welds if any and bearing/mount

Typically you can tell just by looking at the pictures.

Like you said, quality of welds and materials. Better rose joints and thickness of the arms. Typically China arms are really hard to adjust because they don't have much area to get a spanner on to. GKTech has it the entire length of the arm where possible though, they also sell some 15mm and 20mm bolt on spacers whic I found to be pretty good quality.

Edited by _R_J_K_

Yeah ill have to pull my wheel off this weekend to see if it has those grooves to cater for bolt ons. If anyone here has lenso d1r wheel and know if they have the space you could save me some time :)

Hmm yeah im finding it real hard to justify spending $350-400 for big name brand camber arms when the new stuff set to come out by gktech look pretty sweet for $200. Especially for my needs, either way ill avoid the cheap chinese stff

Just abit of an update. Gktech have released their suspension pre order prices, along with a package deal (seems to be a very good price in comparison to other package deals like that from driftworks) but im unsure if i actually require the other arms. What are the benefits of upgrading to rear traction rods and front castor arms, and when are they actually needed?

From what i've read, running more castor with adjustable arms allows sharper turn in, this essentially means more lock right? and also faster return of steering wheel to straight position. Seems great for drifting but are there any other benfits to upgrade over standard arms?

Edited by mvp.07