Sign in to follow this  
9sec_sli80

qld emissions

Can someone please confirm if cars have to pass emissions for engine swap.

Apart from mod plating and rwc what else is required.

QLD only

Yes I believe they do have to pass emissions as well as mod plating and rwc is essential for all qld cars also.

I can't think of anything else outside of these, as a rwc is techincally checking the completion of the other standards.

We have a few members who have done a few of them over their time, hopefully some more comprehensive advice can be provided mate.

Thanks mate, will call a few workshops and see what other info I can pull up as well. If no one updates I'll write my findings up here

I didn't have to do an emissions test when I did an engine swap about 7 years ago. I just had a mod plate completed and then had the engine particulars changed at qld transport. Maybe it's changed now?

You don't have to have an emissions test done, but obviously if you get pulled over and have to go for an emissions test, like any car, it had better pass lol.

Fantastic, that's what I wanted to know. I heard that there is very few places that will do emissions because the equipment is so expensive. I just want to get it on the road and then go from there to change what I need to later on I'd that were to happen.