Sign in to follow this  
NISSAN_200

Cruise Control - S15

Hey Ladies/Gents,

I brought my S15 (manual) with a aftermarket Cruise Control kit already installed.

The kit is of good quality and many people are always fooled into believing it came from factory.

Problem:

Cruise Control has been working fine for past 5 years however lately I have noticed that when I set the speed at say 100kph, the car will not hold that speed constant anymore.

The car now starts slowly but surely accelerating, it will start creeping up slowly from 101kph, then 103, 106, 108, just keeps on accelerating.

Anyone have any idea how I could fix this problem? is there a factory reset I can do on the module?

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Anyone have any idea how I could fix this problem? is there a factory reset I can do on the module?

Doubtful, and given you haven't even stated what brand and model the cruise control unit is, then you definitely won't get an answer.

Chances are it's an electronic component failure, as were there a leak in the diaphragm, cable problem or solenoid issue, it would more likely lose speed. Since yours is gaining speed the source would have to be incrementing the signal results, suggesting transistor or PIC chip, as changes in logic gates can have unpredictable results. Personally, I'd simply replace the control and actuation units as most on the market aren't all that expensive, and the effort required to identify a logic problem and then source parts really isn't worth it imo. Not to mention, if it's an issue with a PIC or similar, you won't necessarily be able to indentify the cause, and a replacement part probably won't be available anyway.