Sign in to follow this  
Chidge

The Last of Us

2 molotovs and a nail bomb for the bloater after turning the generator on did the trick nicely.

I was stuck for so long there. (On normal difficulty) I ended up surviving by piss bolting up to the security door and getting through it just before being destroys by 10 zombies.

Then magically it was quiet and safe again. lol.

I finished the game, it is a fair bit linear. But the story made me want to keep playing all night. Especially towards the end.

I feel dissatisfied with the ending though.

I took the approach of killing as many infected as possible before starting the generator and then just legging it - made it so much easier. Had one other infected jump in front of me who copped a shotgun shell but avoided the bloater entirely...

^ Good plan, I didn't look around on the lower level before starting the genny. I've finished the game on normal mode, might go back and play it on hard now.

That generator section was a bit tricky as it's just chaos in the dark. I was running around looking everywhere for the security key while avoiding the bloater. Eventually killed all the zombies before finding the key. There definitely are sections that feel like boss battles, like when leaving the sewers and having to set up nail bomb traps.

When I came across another generator in the sewer section I was just waiting for a swarm of zombies. This game has me paranoid about generators lol.

I'm glad the game is much better once the story gets going. Originally I was frustrated in the office cubical sections with only a pistol to defend yourself with. Once you get the rifle and shotgun, you can plan out your attacks much better.

Has anyone else noticed a few bugs? I was moving a ladder around to get up a ledge and Ellie climbed up and wouldn't get down, even with a molotov cocktail to the face. Another time a group of zombies chased us into a room, I set them all on fire with a molotov and they appeared to die. Then they get up (with burnt off skin) and start attacking us, but we were taking no damage. I could shiv them to the neck, they would bleed out and die, then get right back up.

Edited by steveP

Has anyone else noticed a few bugs? I was moving a ladder around to get up a ledge and Ellie climbed up and wouldn't get down, even with a molotov cocktail to the face. Another time a group of zombies chased us into a room, I set them all on fire with a molotov and they appeared to die. Then they get up (with burnt off skin) and start attacking us, but we were taking no damage. I could shiv them to the neck, they would bleed out and die, then get right back up.

I ran into many bugs and this was with all the latest patches installed.

Got freezes that required a hard reset, walking through walls, falling through the floor/staircases etc.

Took some pics of it. Luckily the game autosaves frequently so I didn't lose much progress when it happened.

cvWHEIJ.jpg

aZD7pXV.jpg

Im0CVrU.jpg

OoXe1RT.jpg

Yeah I've noticed a few bugs as well. One was a military dude just running circles in the snow.

i musta been lucky, no bugs for me haha.

only thing that shit me was how much noise you made walking round, starting generators and shit like that.

i was like, if this was a zombie thing, i would be ninja quiet lol.

Finally hit one of those game breaking bugs people have been getting. During the uni level you drop down into some infected area and the map fails to draw. You then fall through the floor and your save file is corrupted.

The game will just hang and the PS3 will reboot. The only way around it is to start a new save file from the start of the level. I've tried this but I keep getting the same bug. Anyone else encounter your save file being corrupted?

Edited by steveP

Ouch. I fell through the floor a lot but didn't have my file corrupt. I'm assuming it happened while it wasn't writing an auto-save file for me.

Maybe try creating a new save file from the previous chapter.

Edited by Pervy

Yeah I've done that and I get the same glitch every time at the same point in the level.

People are suggesting to delete the game data, not the save data. I'll give it a go tonight.

anyone playing online much keep getting my arse handed to me

slowly getting better at it some bullshit kills though one shot to kill me 3-4 shots to kill them

90% glitch free here.

Apart from walking through other characters and walls a few times.

Only other main one was I killed a human, then he just re appeared standing up right where I killed him, except he didn't react to me or move or do anything :/

Deleted the game data, rebuilt the hard drive and the file system. Same glitch in the exact same spot. It has got to be the disk. I need to find someone with the game and try their disk.

Deleted the game data, rebuilt the hard drive and the file system. Same glitch in the exact same spot. It has got to be the disk. I need to find someone with the game and try their disk.

That's crazy. Deleting game-save data always does the trick.

Let me know if you want to give my disc a go.

anyone playing online much keep getting my arse handed to me

slowly getting better at it some bullshit kills though one shot to kill me 3-4 shots to kill them

From my experience I've noticed you really have to make sure you're getting headshots. It will take less bullets to down/execute someone. Also experiment with different loadouts to see which one suits your playing style the most. I thought the shorty was completely useless so most of the time I was using the stealth class which has the silenced 9mm. I prefer using the guns that have a quick firing rate.

If someone is wearing the armor upgrade aim for their legs as the armor doesn't cover that area.

The thing that makes the biggest difference by far is being in a team with people with headsets. I got some great scores when I was playing with a few mates and you could warn others of enemies position, what direction to flank, stick in a pack rather than spreading out too much etc.

Edited by Pervy

Just an update on the bug I was getting, in case anyone else is getting it. I installed the lastest update and it has fixed the bug.

Edited by steveP

new multiplayer mode is awesome, just it can be hard to get parts pending your load out

*Spoiler warning.*

Finally got to the end of the game and I thought the ending was a little bleak. What did everyone else think?

Against the ending:

- Joel let his emotions get the better of him and the human race will now suffer for an individual.

- I think the ending would have been stronger if Ellie or Joel had to die.

- The whole journey you go through seemed pointless.

- The game felt a little unfinished. Perhaps to cash in on a sequel.

For the ending:

- If Ellie developed an immunity, surely others eventually will as well.

- Joel felt he owed Ellie a favour after she saved his life a few times.

- Joel had no will or purpose to go on living if he had to do it again alone.

For those into movies, there are a few the developers have mentioned as being inspirations for the game. Probably the most significant is The Road. It's a very similar tale of a father and son trying to survive 10 years or so after an apocalypse. Unlike the game, there are no zombies and no explanation. You're just watching the pair navigate a condemned world with some depressing situations.

The_Road_movie_poster.jpg

Also, The Last Of Us is incredibly similar to the game Half Life 2. Just replace spores with aliens creatures. It's a little old now, but in case you missed, definitely check it out. It's a game where you and your companion navigate a world gone to shit looking for a cure/explanation. Pick up The Orange Box as it comes included with Portal 1.

did you just say half life three is confirmed, you heard it hear first people...................

Haha it's been that long I don't think it matters anymore.

I do agree with you on that, Joel's decision was really selfish. He didn't want to lose Ellie after losing his own daughter and then obviously growing very close to her during their journey. Ellie should have been the one to make the decision considering she was the one that was going to be sacrificed to help make a cure. It sort of does leave you feeling a bit flat because then you realise that everything you went through was for nothing and you're still in the same position as you were from day 1.

I'm not sure where they can take the sequel from here.

I actually didn't mind the ending because they went against the typical cliché. The way I see it, during the journey Joel goes through something of a renaissance and finally starts to leave the bitterness and anger behind thanks to the bond he develops with Ellie. Conversely as the game progresses Ellie seems to become more and more dark as a result of all the death and brutal violence she is witnessing on their journey. Its an interesting juxtaposition I thought.

Yeah, I guess seeing we're talking about it, they did something right. Everyone is going to take something different away from it.

i honestly preffered the actual ending, i just wish they make a mode where you are in the camp fighting off hordes of zombies

I doubt anybody cares now, but i finished sorry mode over about 3 months and absolutely loved it.

Was at about 17% when GTA V came out, then got bored of that a few weeks ago and with a few 3am weeknight sittings (couldn't put it down) and th odd couple hours away from the missus i got it done.

Would love to have less emphasis on collecting somehow, don't know how it would work but it was bloody annoying walking around boundries all the time trying to collect just incase you were to miss something.

Also, the odd zombie walking around in open areas that could be spotted from a distance would be great. So many times it felt like it was chaos in select places, but you couldn't just pop the odd stray walker every now and then,

Other than that, one of my faves.

I was in the same situation. I was playing though this when GTA5 came out. In the end I rushed through the last quarter of the game so I could focus on GTA5. After a couple of weeks I was drawn back to the game and did a second play through, taking my time and collecting everything to get all the trophies. I enjoyed it a lot more on the second play through reading all the artifacts and letters you find. You can tell so much thought went into all the little things. All the environments are prefect and tell a story. Like where a tree has grown through a building, letting plant life and water in. It really feels like you're in a world where humans have just packed up and left.

Edited by steveP

You can tell so much thought went into all the little things. All the environments are prefect and tell a story. Like where a tree has grown through a building, letting plant life and water in. It really feels like you're in a world where humans have just packed up and left.

Couldn't agree more, the scenery is actually beautiful to look at which really helped me become completely wrapped up in its story line the more I progressed.

It was like a movie I didn't want to end, will be very keen for a 2nd instalment as I want to just keep playing but with new cut scenes and even a different direction if it's just too hard to keep the existing flowing.

With some very small fixes or additions, coupled with the effort they put in first time around this could be a very promising series of games.

From what I have been told, Naughty dog have said they dont want to take the Joel and Ellie story any further, They are releasing a DLC if you havent already been in the loop called the last of us: Left behind.

I don't play many games, but this has to be number one on my favourite games ever list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6V0HNNHQK4

Edited by OUTKAST

Yeah I've been following any info regarding DLC or sequels. The Joel and Ellie story is done and dusted, which is rightly so. But there are so many other characters that could be fleshed out. We all want to know what happened to Ish!