Sign in to follow this  
Shakey Bones

Is This The New Subaru WRX?

So in case you didn't know Subaru are moving the WRX away from the Impreza platform. In fact they are axing the Impreza altogether.

So here are some concept photos of the new Subaru WRX. It is remembered to have around 300hp and possibly even an electric turbo.

http://www.speedhunt...of-the-new-wrx/

WRX-Concept-01.jpg

WRX-Concept-03.jpg

WRX-Concept-02.jpg

WRX-Concept-06.jpg

http://youtu.be/AjUpcjQiRdM

Edited by Shakey Bones

More photos here: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/gallery/5114/2015-subaru-wrx-concept-leaked/72184/2014subaruwrxconcept01?from=56228

Shown here in traditional 'world rally blue', the concept previews what will be a coupe-like sports companion to the Impreza range, and a powerful big bother to the BRZ coupe.

Debuting as a wholly new model, the WRX concept wears a new styling language that has also been previewed with the recent Viziv SUV concept.

Subaru's traditional grille design dominates the front of the concept, flanked by a sharp new headlight style and large lower intakes.

A muscular bonnet sits above the new face, with the familiar deep scoop hinting at the turbocharged engine that lies beneath.

Familiar flared arches make up the bulk of the concept's profile, while a tight character line runs through to Subaru's new hooked tail-light design, also seen on the Viziv concept.

While the new WRX's styling is clear, the concept's mechanical package remains a secret for now.

Reports suggest we'll see a turbocharged version of the FA 2.0 litre boxer engine found in the BRZ/Toyota 86 twins, adding a Subaru-specific direct injection system (unlike BRZ/86’s Toyota system).

The move from the current model’s 2.5 litre displacement is being driven by fuel economy and efficiency demands.

Outputs will be easily maintained at or above the current model’s 195kW/343Nm by combining the direct injection with more modern turbo technology.

The gear selector pictured in this mule suggests that the new model will use a six-speed manual transmission for the first time, with the extra ratio currently exclusive to STi models.

A launch date for the new model remains unconfirmed, although sometime in 2014 or early 2015 is likely.

Edited by Shakey Bones

looks a lot like a newer evo i think..

Have a go at that bloke in the video 'the wrx has never been a good looking car' haha.

I think it looks decent though, it's a step in the right direction.

Will look better with a little more tail light, like it alot.

I think it is a little bit more extreme that what you would normally expect from a WRX but i'l let it go simply because its a concept, and a good concept at that. Very stylish and unique but while maybe sharing some looks from the newest Subaru lineup with the big front end openings and such.

I cant wait to see a production model!

It has my approval!

It looks interesting and a great move forward BUT I'd like to see the price range. It's got the whole "I look very fancy therefore I'm going to cost a bucket load" look.

I know what ya mean but they are all like that now, the shaped and angled body panels appear expensive but it's just the way it's gone now. Take the Hyundai i40 / Mazda 3 and 6 / Kia range etc and it's all the same. The WRX also has to target an entry level sports car buyer hence why it's still a lowish power output and they also mention fuel efficiency etc.

It's not a GTR and therefore won't be priced like one.

side profile looks near on identical to the newer evos haha

looks like its from the future, pretty cool though.

Red vs Blue who will win?

future_cars_10_0211-lgn.jpg

Looks abit extreme now, but with every prototype they release a car that hardly anybody really likes as its too futuristic and they then dumb it down to be a bit more timid.

WRX have also been a big seller in Australia, maybe it will for once be as popular as the Evo for track duties if they can get there head together on the setup and power.

Makes me think Audi meets EVO X for some reason.

first picture, car from the side looks like a lexus is250

and full side picture looks just like a evo10

Edited by Wrexy

i reckon it looks good,

would make for a much better two door though imo

If the production model looks similar and has the goods re power/driveline + styling then this may be enough to drag me back from the euro market.

I think it looks nice, I love the front end. I wish they'd make fuller taillights though.

I think it looks great for a concept!

The front end is well done. Not a fan of the rear though.

Bonnet scoop needs to be bigger. The WRX is infamous for it's large bonnet scoop, tucking it down ruins the WRX image imo.

But, as all cars, things change, the scoop changed but it is still there, just in a different way. Love it.

Edited by Rolled Cambers

Looks better though. I never was a big fan of the last evo shape. The older shapes were much nicer.

looks like its from the future, pretty cool though.

Red vs Blue who will win?

future_cars_10_0211-lgn.jpg

Reminds me of the Mitsubishi Eclipse...