Sign in to follow this  
revhead90

extended lug bolts to properly fit spacers?

Question is. What is safer.. If using a smaller slip on spacer, is having longer lug bolts needed?

Would you recommend a 10mm bolt on hub centric spacer over say, using a 10mm slip on hub centric with longer lug bolts installed?

I’ve been having a hard time deciding on offsets for wheels, been sitting in front of the offset calculator for days now and scanning through manufacture spec sheets.

I have a few wheels in mind and I have a base line car with a set of Meisters to go by and compare wheel specs/fitment too. I have been using a s15 with Meister 18x9 +22A front and 18x10 +30O rear to reference offset from, on this car the rear pokes a bit (about 4-5mm and has about -2 camber) and the front has about 2mm clearance between coils and wheel but fits ok in the guard (I would probably take off 2mm from the guard just for a bit more room)

So, all the other wheels I have been comparing to these by using the offset calculator I seem to get one side to fit perfectly (rears mostly) whereas the front always results in poke or coil interference. My only option really is to use spacers in the front which I’m not too keen on..

I wouldn’t use anything less than a hub centric slip on but I’m looking at maybe a 10-12mm spacer in the front which is too big for slip on which leaves me with only the option of a 10mm hub centric bolt on... not happy but will have to do.

Wheels I’m looking at are Work CR Kai/ultimate (new ones) front: 18x8.5 +30 (this is what needs spacer, sits about 14mm from inside of guard, and 2mm into the coilover) rear 18x9.5 +30 (perfect, fits just how I want it, inside the guard about 1mm short of flush)

i thought i came across some while browsing.. anyway so if i have to go 10mm slip on hub centric i must have to get extended lugs surely? there wont be enough thread on the bolt to safely secure it?

wheel nuts and wheel studs. we are in australia

just run a 15mm bolt on or 10mm slip on with extanded studs

Ok language police, thanks for correcting me.

So, it would be perfectly safe to use 10mm extended length studs with a 10mm hub centric spacer? Would you say it’s on par regards to safety as running a wheel without a spacer?

^I don't know how you drive on the track but if its fine for track, it's fine for the streets. Car get pushed way harder on the track

If I kept my car 100% legal it would be a very boring car. Stock wheels are 6.5inch wide anyways so 9.5 wide would already make the car not legal for use

Rego I can get without the spacers, when all is good or I want to go to a car meet, spacers go on :)

All I’m concerned about is the wheel shearing the studs off because the spacer has deformed under load/cracked and the leverage on the studs has resulted in mega carnage! That’s what I’m worried about. I think a high quality alloy spacer backed up with arp extended studs will be safe yeah?

if you purchase slip on spacers, ensure to purchase "hub centric" designed for silvia hubs. that way there is vastly less movement and less stress on the studs.

yeah i will be getting hub centric spacers for sure. i will order ones made for the s15 but do i also need to get them machined to match up with the work wheels too?

I'm running gktech extended studs and 10mm hub centric slip on spacers up front for street use on mys15 and haven't had any dramas with them yet.