Sign in to follow this  
180driven

Flared guard advice

So I like the look of flared guards and wanna know about different ways to go about it open to all ideas

Pics would be good also

315's

note how the flare still retains the standard flat lip the whole way around the guard

makes it look so much better

179936_10150798974667183_705852182_9536975_161978834_n.jpg

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

actual guard roller.

trolley pole.

metal pole.

newspaper technique.

theres heaps of ways to do it. but completely pointless asking unless youve got some wheel specs to go with it... all my cars i just use a pole. mainly as there track cars that i dont care about.

422666_10151080960824818_1150328154_n.jpg

not the best pic. but trolley poled. 25mm guard pull in the end. to fit a 15x9.5-20 under.

28561_403231383024_370048_n.jpg

trolley pole ( dont hastily due to time) 17x 10 +12 or so i think in this pic.

315's note how the flare still retains the standard flat lip the whole way around the guard makes it look so much better

Ah found this while looking for flared guard on google.

How much did this cost?

put it this way, hammer and dolley (and lots of practice) will let you flare a guard ANY way you want. sharp wide flares or smoother 'pumped' gaurds its up to what you want and your skills.

hammer, very hard to get a smooth finish, will need bog to have a nice smooth finish. and hence paint, prep work etc.

guard roller, pretty much guaranteed to have a smooth finish, can lip, pump, flare the guards to varying degrees. but takes some skill you have them look good without any extra work (bog) when you start out, so some practice is required to learn the better methods to get the results you want.

pipe, full of shit IMO, super dependent on the wheels , ride height etc as to the degree of the flare. guaranteed to f**k with the inner lip of the guard, paint etc.

small thing i'll point out, make sure you clean the inside the guard lip REALLY well, because when you squash that guard lip up to flare the guards any dirt and stones in there will be stuck for good, and most likely try and punch through the outer guard....

-dan