Sign in to follow this  
PoppinFresh1234

SR20det rough idle

Been having some problems with my S15.

Blew headgasket. Replaced with MLS headgasket of same thickness, Plenum and runner gaskets replaced with metal ones. Car started and straight away had a really bad knock/rattle. Replace timing chain tensioner as chain was rubbing on rocker cover. Rattle went away and had a definite ticking noise. Replace VCT gear and all is well, but still running poorly. Smells excessively rich on idle.

Changed plugs and oil and ran good for about 3-4 days. Then started running like poo again. Bought splitfire coilpacks, (only taken it round the block since) runs smooth when cruising and even better on boost, but still idles shit. All cooler piping has been checked and clamps changed to HD clamps. All silicone vac lines were replaced a few months ago. No exhaust leaks.

Only 2 things come to my mind. 02 sensor has shit itself (seems way to rough to be this) or i have leaking injectors.

i'd be checking for vac leaks around the intake manifold man. never seen metal gaskets for that. and if the surface isn't 100% flat they will leak

Just whipped out the compressor and pumped some air into the wastgate sense line, no leaks. opened up the throttle body and no leaks there either.

Sidenote: Sluggish at low rpm aswell. Gets worse with the more its driven. Gets a lil better after sitting for a few days

Edit: Also the earth wire for the coilpack loom i have going to the bolt on the rear bracket. Instead of the clip on the firewall.

Edited by PoppinFresh1234

you mean iac? no its not. just bout to hook up an earth to firewall and 1 to block for coilpack loom and see how it goes

coilpack earth all good. Just unplugged the MAF and normally it would cut out after about 2-3 seconds. Idle rpm dropped to around 800ish and it ran good for about 7-8 seconds before it cuts out.

if your running the stock ECU ? whats the tps voltage ? what are your mods on the car ? got cams / injetors / AFM ?

stock ecu/injectors

2871 turbo with 14 psi kinguwa actuator

Poncams, Fmic, pod filter. thats it.

Havn't checked tps voltage. whats the specs?

TPS Voltage: Closed 0.61V and Open 4.1V. Can u test the afm with multimetre?

Edited by PoppinFresh1234

closed it should be .50 from memory

Edited by nissanqld

Adjusted TPS Voltage to 0.50V when closed and still idling rough. Also i have to hold full throttle on startup otherwise it will just conk out. I have a video of it running but have no idea how to upload it.

stock ecu/injectors 2871 turbo with 14 psi kinguwa actuator Poncams, Fmic, pod filter. thats it. Havn't checked tps voltage. whats the specs?

I'm not suprised idling is rough running those mods with a stock ECU.