Sign in to follow this  
Johno333

180sx snake eyes

Hey guys, was thinking of changing direction on my build....

im not sure if Ive got the right name but I've always called it snake eyes, basically when you use an s13 bonnet with the rest of the 180sx front....

Basically just wondering if anyone has any pics of them so i can have a bit more of an idea on how it will look.. atm i can only find one from google :/

Nissan_180SX_Rat_Drifter_by_soshinoya.jpg

anyone got any? or know of any builds where people have done this?

Also forgot to ask my other question - has anyone done this and whats the legality of the headlights?

e.g will i pass an engineer cert with headlights i DIY'd?

Edited by Johno333

Looks like shat

really? wow i better not do it then.

From what I've been told by somebody who runs thos projectors that replace the eyelids, any deviation from standard lights means you pretty much won't be able to see anything at night.

hmmmmm fair enough, back to the drawing board then.

yep i know someone whos done it, apparently cant see shit at night

thanks bling i p.m'd that guy, although if they're not going to be able to pass an engineer cert/ blue slip i don't think id be able to do it....

Jake Jones drift car?

Muntface it's also called.

^^^

His was supermade lights without the covers

it has had a silvia bonnet for ages

Yeah every time i've seen it had a silvia bonnet, maybe he's changed it since.

Super made setup looks better imo.

Meh haven't paid much attention since it was red lol

Based on the performance of fog lights I've had of the same dimensions, I doubt they would work all that well, which would be an issue from an engineering standpoint. Also they're generic lights, so they won't have a RHS cutoff on the lights as factory RHD cars have and legally require. For the amount of effort required to make something that will perform adequately and have a chance of being engineered and covered by insurance, it's a lot of work, and I say this having looked into this conversion in the past.

IMO you're far better off sticking with your plans for an S1580 - looks a sh*tload better, using factory gear it has a chance of engineering, using metal conversion fenders it can be covered by insurance (I have confirmed this with JustCar for my own vehicle) and you already have the gear so it's not overly expensive to do. If you're reconsidering your conversion because it's looking all too difficult, just flip me a hundred bucks and I'll head over one day on a weekend and sort out the difficult parts for you (namely radiator support, fenders and bonnet mounting). From memory you've got my number, so feel free to give me a call if you want to tee something up.

Edited by pmod

Drift squid and weezyrb26? Have had them. Depends what lights you have. Most people little projectors. My Silvia had this done before I got it. It came will these skinny fog lights which are equal to a headlight and fit perfectly.

Nsw law states that as long as low beam projects a min of 25m and high beam min of 50m I think it is than it is toady worthy and shouldnt get defect as it is the requirement than it shouldn't need engineer

Looks like shat

really? wow i better not do it then.

f**king snapped :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see F40 styled headlights on a 180sx. Sort of like a supermade headlight with a lexan sheeting sealed over it!

1989-ferrari-f40-lm-35_460x0w.jpg

Edited by MeRlz