Sign in to follow this  
PejaZX10R

Which Coilovers?: Pedders SportsRyder or BC ER Series?

Hey all, just wanted some info on these 2 coilovers as it is one of these 2 I will be buying for my S15. Just wanted to know which one do you guys perfer / think is better? The car will mainly be a street car but I do want to do some track days etc mountain runs and so on. Just want some info on what everyone thinks is a better choice / quality coilover. Thanks in advance!

Out of your two options I'd select BC purely based on other people's choices and recommendations. I've never heard of anyone running Pedders before but if they f**k up then at least you can get replacement parts cheap and quick from Aus.

But as datsun180 said, there are better options for similar prices. Also aren't the next step up from the ER coilovers only like $50 more?

they are made in the same factory. so they are essentially the same. shit part about the pedders ones is you need to pay extra for front camber tops.

I didn't know there was a step up from ER? Thought those were their best ones. Also as I want to do other suspension mods, so kind of have a limit of around 1600-1800 for coilovers only unfortunately.

personally if you are spending that much, save a little more for tein monoflex. best i have ever used

I really like my Racing Logic's, can go stiff as anything with the damper adjustment or can make it feel like it doesn't even have coilovers,

Also i bought used ones off a forum from someone else without receipt, messaged them and still fixed the damper problem i had for free! Great service.

Thanks for all the info guys, will think about it and hopefully decide on something in the next week or two!

$1600 BC coilovers, might as well save a bit more for something better and it'll be a WHOLE lot better and actually worth the money.

they're good at $1200 no more, quality in performance for street use its very average to shit to be honest, track use is the same. it does the job but not as well when compared to stuff that actually works as it should; Teins, bilstiens. KW, HKS, Buddy Club etc

Not having a go or anything at anyone as I'm actually genuinely interested, are you guys drawing from personal experience or anecdotal evidence heard from other people? Apart from the two extremes with ebay spec being the lowest point and custom bilstein (or whatever it may be) being highest point, I honestly haven't noticed any difference in coilovers I've used. I've had three brands now with Tein, BC and some Jap brand that no longer existed and they were pretty much all the same in terms of functionality and adjustments.

and @ OP, my bad, I thought you were talking about the cheapest BC coilovers.

MCA red series? i think they 1550 ish

i bought a set of MCA red series

they are $2800

i really like the KW range tho i think they are so under rated

motoiq people seem to love them

mate has kws in his m3, not too shabby for the quick squirt i has in it. can't remember what ones they are though.

keyhole: i have had quiet a few different coilovers (and driven in a heap of different cars), and you can def tell the difference.

Yeah I havent had uber hectic bilstein setup

But comparing mine and mates cars of BC's HKS, Tein SS, HSD, ISC, Tanabe and my silkroads in the 14 atm can definatly tell the difference and I love the silkroads, but might try fortune auto in the V35 next as they seem to be looking like the go for mid range coilovers

i got BC's no complaints.... they are pretty firm on medium setting......it would probably get annoying if it was a daily but as its only a weekend car i like them so +1 for BC's

Edited by 180sxnit

Thanks everyone for all the info you have given me, I wish I could go out and spend 3k or so on just coilovers, but unfortunately my budget for the whole suspension part is at 3k, so I gotta try fit in coilovers, camber arms, sway bars, strut bars, etc all in 3k if possible. As this car is the same as the day it came out of factory and has never had a mod in its life, I need to spend the rest of my money in other areas like the basic bolt ons for now at least with a nistune etc. Otherwise I definitely would of looked into the Tein's or something along those lines. While I'm here, could anyone tell me what brand camber arms I should go with? Was looking at the GKTech ones as they have no welds. Thanks again for all the info!

The single piece GKtech ones are excellent bang for buck, they look and feel solid and replacing rose joints can be done through GKtech as well. We can just summon him here to tell you by saying his name three times. GKtech

Used Japanese products will be better than new Chinese.

Id rather spend the money on some used items for the same price you would pay for brand new chinese cause you will get a much better quality product.

You can buy Newish Model used Tein's for about $1000-1200 or CuscoZero2 about the same price.

i agree..but instead of used Japanese just get brand new.

used is a lucky dip, i wouldn't be surprised if half the stuff coming from japan second hand already has blown shocks that have just been cleaned up to look nice unless as stated, very new near condition with receipt of purchase date or something to show for its condition and usage history.

3grand.. spend that on coilovers instead of 3grand of cheap items on your whole suspension setup.

One thing about KW is that the camber top adjustment sux balls on the S13 cars.

I recommend a set of HSD HR's. I am running them in my S15 and I have friends who have them in their S13, and S14.. and their pretty flawless. For a price of +/- $1300 you can't get any better.

I bought a set of Silver neomax coilovers with camber top.

my opinion is that they are pretty decent for the price,

some gripes i have is that the locking collars seem to be fairly weak, it is possible when tightening them that the c-spanner will damage the collars.

And i do get some squeaking with the springs when turning at low speed (ie when parking). i need to check out why.

I cant compare it to other coilovers as i've never tried any other.

my opinion is that they are pretty decent for the price.......... I cant compare it to other coilovers as i've never tried any other.

<_>

my opinion is that they are pretty decent for the price.......... I cant compare it to other coilovers as i've never tried any other.

dry.png

Semmes like pretty much everyone that has ever rated BC's too :lol:

sorry was my post not informative at all?

i listed negatives of them?

his asking about BC coilovers and the neomax are in the same price range

if someone had post a post like that i might have looked at other brands?

not everyone can afford different brands of coilovers to compare,

How can you give a educated response if you have had no comparison ?