Sign in to follow this  
SpotMan

The Do you live at home Thread.

when is it to old to be still living with your parents ??? i dunno about you guys but i dont like the idea of picking up chicks and bringing them back home to your parents house

before i moved to adelaide i moved back in with my olds for a while (6 months) to save some money... and was recently single.

nothing as funny as bitches doing a walk of shame at 8 in the morning past the parents eating breakfast. hahaha

Back in the day I was paying $100pw, sometimes contributing to bills if there was some abnormal spike in usage. I would help out with jobs here and there or fix things, so it mostly worked out. Even now I have a bunch of stuff at their place including my car, so I help them out with different things that are outside their skillset, or upgrade their stuff with better gear I'm replacing.

30% is a silly arbitrary number to pick, given it would make for massive rent if you had any reasonable form of income, and what she needs to recognise is that it is NOT the same form of accomodation. I doubt you have carte-blanche authority to come and go and invite who you like when you like, nor would you have a real say in how the house is run. You're simply subletting a room, and I've seen plenty of rooms for lease in NSW over time, with the average cost being around $100 including utilites and Internet.

As people have said, don't be a pussy and just move out.

when is it to old to be still living with your parents ??? i dunno about you guys but i dont like the idea of picking up chicks and bringing them back home to your parents house

before i moved to adelaide i moved back in with my olds for a while (6 months) to save some money... and was recently single.

nothing as funny as bitches doing a walk of shame at 8 in the morning past the parents eating breakfast. hahaha

hahahahahaha

24 is the limit for white guys imo. Around that age chicks (irrespective of race) would ask if I still lived at home (didn't), and older than that they just assumed the fact. For asians dudes hitting on asian chicks, 29 seems totally acceptable. White chicks would be well put off though.

Agreed about screwing at your folks place. Just wouldn't feel right, not to mention my father's a partial insomniac.

Edited by pmod

I have a bachelor pad to Mack bitches in I could never move back in with the parents

And at 29 years old it would be pretty sad bringing bitches back to my parents house

You need a mobile shag shak.

Dude, patent that shit!

Dude, patent that shit!

Think Volkswagen already have :lol:

When I'm working I pay board. Losing my job recently means I aint paying for shit. I gave my parents 50 a week and they keep that aside for a rainy day.

im 22 live at home and dont, nor have ever paid shit. but i live with my grandparents and am practicaly a house sitter. get fast internet and looked after when ever they are here.

but i think they know i suck at money and am incapable of fending for myself for more than a month.

Any one here in their 30's still living at home ?

wish i could move back home, would save me bulk $$$$

but then i have to put up with their dial up net :lol:

blingy thats a good effort

My mum has pretty much given up on trying to get her car port back...

Currently have 4 cars using all the spots up so she has to park on the street :lol: lifes good.

wish i could move back home, would save me bulk $$$$

but then i have to put up with their dial up net laugh.png

blingy thats a good effort

haha, no doubt, they are pretty cool, so i can handle it. and they would rather me buy a house than rent again

You complain about $100 every fortnight but you drift a 180

:lol:

Maybe it's fair. Maybe your priorities are wrong and you should just cop it on the chin. You can look at where all your money is going and see you might be wasting it in one particular area. A bit of a budgeting goes a long way.

Your a cockroach failing life if youre over 25 and still living at home, doesnt matter what race you are.

Your a cockroach failing life if youre over 25 and still living at home, doesnt matter what race you are.

Good attitude to have to some people who have unfortunate circumstances sometimes.

Good attitude to have to some people who have unfortunate circumstances sometimes.

and some people get allot of help from mum and dad to move out

$70 a week. This is food, Foxtell, internet, washing, etc etc. I live downstairs - With the pool room / cinema room etc. Rarely see them and get along very well with them. I don't see myself leaving for some time. I cop non stop flak from all my mates - Until they come and see the arrangement. Wouldn't have it any other way for now =)

jesus.

jesus.

I'm sure jesus was out before 25 ;)

Fighting with his step dad Joseph will do that.

jesus.

I'm sure jesus was out before 25 ;)

just out of curiosity, i googled "how old was jesus when he died on the cross" and came across this: http://www.losthistorypublishing.com/Jesus.html

I'm so glad I'm an athiest. f**k having to keep up with 20 different versions of the same shit, just in one book...

18 still at home, turning 19 soon and I have no plans of moving out anytime soon lol.

I pay rent/bills ($100-$150 a week) and pretty much get everything like food and laundry done for me. I really only asked for one thing in return which was the garage haha.

In my opinion moving out isnt about age more or so how financially stable you are. Id say finishing off a degree and starting work is the best time to move out 23-24ish years old?

Or you could be smart and stay at home for a few years longer saving for a deposit on a home ;)

Moved out at 17.

had a few places on my own

tried living with mates as well ( all good for a while but eventually you get sick of different people not paying rent or pulling weight )

Moved out at 17.

had a few places on my own

tried living with mates as well ( all good for a while but eventually you get sick of different people not paying rent or pulling weight )

Thiiiiiiiiiis. Current housemate (friend) is great, pays on time, cleans things on occasion and for the most part is a good dude. I had so many problems with the past two housemates though with regard to cleaning the kitchen/dishes and paying rent/bills on time. You quickly get jack of telling people to pay you when they're 2-3 weeks behind on rent or utilities, treating you like you're a f**king bank. Hell, when we moved from the last property my co-leasee at the time (who was being a right bitch to me for no good reason) owed me around $1200 in unpaid bills and rent. It was very fortunate that I was the contact/refund point for the bond, otherwise I could have been left way out of pocket as she already owed me $750 for a pair of Bride seats I sold her on the basis of paying me back per week (never saw a cent in 2 years and still haven't; seats were taken to her friend's workshop to be fitted and she never cbf getting them).

To add insult to injury, she moved out in the evening the day before key return (never seen her since), leaving a garage-worth of bulky garbage on the council strip, 3 full-size council waste bins filled with rubbish and a moat of rubbish surrounding them, all of which would have added to a hefty bond deduction if not tended to, leaving me further out of pocket. Took me and a friend the whole day moving the last of my stuff, then stripping the crap on the lawn of steel (got $14 scrap value, but more importantly didn't pay to dispose), breaking stuff down to smaller pieces, distributing other bits of junk across a large number of council cleanups in another area (gave a whole bunch of old electronic junk to an Eastern-european scab with a trailer we saw on our journeys), then scooped up the rubbish moat and took it back to my new garage. 11 full black bags in total. At 1am the next bin night I scouted the empty apartment bins in the area (put out on the road) and eventually managed to find homes for all the bags without being too much of an asshole.

Never in my life have I seen someone leave that much rubbish moving house.

22 years old, still living with rents, $25 a week board. Includes everything from internet, food, clothes washed, etc etc.

Am planning however to move out maybe next year.