Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

PS4

I heard that they have indeed changed the L2/R2 buttons. How different they are I am not sure though.

Edit: Controller above looks chunky as f**k. wouldnotbang/10.

6VeeyiK.jpg

A better shot of the dev controller.

You'll notice that the L2 and R2 don't slope off like they do on the Dual Shock 4. So less problems with fingers slipping off all the time.

hmmm I like the innovation they are going for but I just don't like the look of that controller. I am guessing that big white thing at the front is like that ps move thing they have on the ps3 (motion sensor). That also looks like a voice recognition feature too below the screen.

All will be revealed tomorrow, can't wait.

anything on final pricing yet?

Nup, there's rumours that there will be two different models, one being more expensive with a larger hard drive than the other.

But at the moment they are guessing around the $400-$500USD price area.

I reckon we won't know until E3.

Wierd how there were no images of the console itself.

It seems they have really focused on the social media aspect as well, which does pretty much nothing for me. Although the instant uploading of video clips that they touched on seems like it could be cool.

Also, Watchdogs looks like it could be really good, based on the gameplay clips I have seen so far .

Recap of the conference. I have no idea how to embed youtube vids on this site anymore. The way I used to do it doesn't work anymore.

Under each youtube video there is a 'Share' button. This gives you a new link to copypasta.

http://youtu.be/x7QhUL8NUK4

http://youtu.be/d9UmHm9HA3c

http://youtu.be/JUZJTjns6Qg

http://youtu.be/tHSeyPl--Fw

Edited by steveP

Jesus christ I hate keynote presenters.

Specs look good and the integration options look pretty sweet, but f**k I hope the EB prices aren't what it comes out as. I was seriously thinking of getting either the next Xbox or PS3, but not if pricing is the same as a new PC.

Good showing of games, Graphics look awesome now that i've been able to watch them in a HD stream....

obviously still much more to come at E3!

Looking more and more likely ill be going PS4 over Xbox. Unless Microsoft have some crazy shit up the sleeves.

Edit: That controller looks comfy as f**k haha

Edited by Ghettobean

Edit: That controller looks comfy as f**k haha

I'm liking the grippy looking finish on the "stalks." And the triggers look improved.

jRFoxo5qrwtCf.png

Edited by Pervy

Still no console pics? I thought this was meant to be the big reveal?

Anyway the graphics look great and that dragon game looks pretty epic. Also watchdogs is a really cool concept for a game, will be interesting to play a game with no "missions".

Pricing is pretty high as expected so I don't think i'll be getting this at release.

Just saw that Bungie (creators of Halo) are now with Sony. DaFuq? This is their first game for the ps4.

I'm hangin to see what dice and ea come up with for bf4.

destiny looks pretty slick and watch dogs. Some pretty good things promised so far

Personally i dont see why people are kicking up such a fuss about what the console actually looks like.

When i game i dont look at the console... I look at whats on the screen and that is exactly what they delivered today.

Anyway...

Interesting little tidbit re the Killzone Screens...

Killzone: Shadow Fall has given us an interesting insight into the resolution capabilities of the PS4.

Zal tipped us off this afternoon to the fact that all of the game’s screenshots are in 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160.

This might just be because Guerilla Games want its screenshots to look pretty, but it does specify on the blog post that the shots are taken from in-game footage.

http://www.gizmodo.c...pport-4k-games/

Edited by MADGT4

^^^ Exactly my thoughts. It's just a plastic casing. What matters is what's inside. No doubt whatever it looks like will be revamped in a few years as the 'slim' model.

The visuals are important to me, either it sits on my entertainment system. Or hidden away

I'd rather it look nice, plus we can plan where plugs go and shit

http://au.ign.com/ar...r-digital-games

In a roundtable conversation with journalists, President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios noted that PS3 games of both the retail and downloadable variety will not be compatible with PlayStation 4, at least not natively. In other words, your PS3 discs won’t work in the new console nor will the games you downloaded. This means that hits like Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Shatter and hundreds of other games available in the digital space will not be carried over to PlayStation 4 in addition to the collection of PS3 discs sitting on your shelf.

There’s a catch, though: emulation. The PlayStation 3 doesn’t read PlayStation 2 discs (at least not anymore), but it can play PS2 games via the PlayStation Store in an emulated environment. Yoshida concedes that this is possible for PlayStation 4 supporting legacy PlayStation consoles as well. Indeed, the Gaikai presentation during PlayStation 4’s reveal touched on this “everything, everywhere” mentality. But for now, downloaded PS3 games won’t work “unless, somehow, some games work on emulation. And the easiest thing, technically, would be to make PSone games work on PS4 with emulation. But we’re not talking about our emulation plans as yet.”

In short, “There are two ways [to play legacy content]: emulation or cloud services [from Gaikai]. But native support [of digital games from PS3], no, sorry. It doesn’t work.”

But how about some good news to close? Yoshida reaffirmed that “disc-based games on PS4” will work on any other PlayStation 4. So, as first reported yesterday, PS4 will have no used games/shared games lock for retail, store-bought titles.

Edited by steveP