Sign in to follow this  
krusty1

Hydraulic handbrake setup?

Hi

So I plan on buying one of GKTECH's hidden hydraulic handbrake setups for the S13 once there released. But how do you go about hooking them up?

Thanks

you need to get the lines put in. there lines from booster to the rear breaks im pritty sure. i had mine quoted nd it was gonna be bout 1000 all up

Yea I would say its the same as plumbing in a normal one..

Line goes from the bmc into the hydro, out of the hydro to the rear t piece, then to both rear calipers.

Edited by liberate

unless you are running dual rear caliper i wouldn't bother. why do you even need a hydro?

because ken block

Because drift car.. mine cost $100 to put in, i agree with dual calipers as mine is a bit weak.. will be one of my next mods

unless you are running dual rear caliper i wouldn't bother. why do you even need a hydro?

because ken block

Because drift car.. mine cost $100 to put in, i agree with dual calipers as mine is a bit weak.. will be one of my next mods

why did you need it though? don't see the point with silvia rear calipers, you are still using the same caliper/pad/rotor.. if the handbrake doesn't work properly it sure isn't because it is connected to a cable

because ken block

why did you need it though? don't see the point with silvia rear calipers, you are still using the same caliper/pad/rotor.. if the handbrake doesn't work properly it sure isn't because it is connected to a cable

You are completely right.. i dont "need" it.. technically i dont "need" my nice wheels But i wanted it like i wanted my wheels :) . It does work OK. and better than the original handbrake but its not to my liking with the stock caliper setup. The plan was always to change the rear setup anyway in due time which is still on my list of shit to do.. i had the hydro sitting there and was getting some other work done to my car so i just chucked it in anyway to see how it would go..and where i have mounted it (upright to the left of the gearknob at that height) is much more comfortable for me whilst drifting

no harm done really :)

s13 handbrake's are awesome, you shouldn't be struggling to lock the wheels!

i wouldn't bother unless its a track car. as you need a cable hb on the street.

best thing you can do to brake's is install good pad's

Dual Caliper bracket is ~$250 Second Caliper could varry, probably $100ish, Pad's, Hydro Handbrake for $150 roughly, lines, BMC for the Hydro Line. Would be better for sliding than using a booster. Doesn't affect front brakes, can install yourself if you can be f**ked.