Sign in to follow this  
dori_s13

Social Media Marketing

Hi Guys,

I have started a new business and I wanted to get the name out there.

I have started a social media marketing business that can grow your business, find new leads and retain clients.

keeping your customers more engaged will prove to be a great success and unlock new leads just by building relationships with your extisitng client base.

my website is www.dcsocial.com.au

I can apply the same process to most businesses.

I think you need to be a forum trader to sell products or services.

people wont take you seriously if you are running the freebie wordpress.org website.

also: there is no content on your website. why post it up on a forum trying to attract customers if your not even willing to put the time into your own stuff?

your better off not having a website at all IMO and creating a decent linkedin profile or facebook page.

It's kind of like a mechanic telling me they can build me an awesome race car, and then showing me a busted up s13 shell with no wheels in their back yard as an example of their work.

I can apply the same process to most businesses.

Your promoting a site about online marketing yet are using fluoro pink as the body text for your website?

Really you should have made excessive use of the photoshop lensflare on your animated gif 3d heading if you were going to do that.

...anyway i hope some of these pointers can help. that website will hurt your business more than anything.

^^ Agree 100%

The color pink is awesome if your social media marketing audience are using there parents credit card.

Your about the company page is awful its like copy/pasted from a 1991 Encyclopaedia Britannica CD that you got from school as a swap for 2 Zappo's and a Sour Bomb.

The entire website to me SCREAMS copy/pasted content, so i did some research and figured out it is copy/pasted content.

http://financialsocialmedia.com/products-services/advisor-solutions/turnkey-management/

Now remove all the copy/pasted stuff, as a matter of fact take down the whole website.. Sit back and think to yourself over what really is social media marketing.

Why should my company invest in Social Media Marketing and then tell me why i would event invest in you.

What makes this even funnier is that the company you have copied is actually cheaper than you and i would be more than happy to go thru them.\

Edited by antonioシ

Jesus, remove the google Adsense ads at least! With those in place it looks like you have just slapped a site together to make some easy money rather than focusing on being a business.

Put up some of your previous work on the site as a case study. If you have none, then do a couple for free so you can add to your portfolio.

As already mentioned, it's laughable that you also offer website design/building as part of your services when your own site looks and flows horribly.

Do you have any qualifications in online/digital/marketing?

I know where I'm going to advertise my business when I get one !

It's gonna be right here on Nissan Silvia , because I love criticism more then anything !

It's gonna be right here on Nissan Silvia , because I love criticism more then anything !

Trust me, the criticism so far is constructive and it's just the tip of the iceberg. You can't do with a 20min wordpress site, what professionals are trying to do with a proper website, multiple SEO strategies and actual Social Media implementation.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but in this case, I don't think it's going to happen.

Forums can be harsh... but honestly, it's better to hear the criticism BEFORE a potential client sees it.

In regards to web marketing / seo etc. i have seen alot of consultants that don't have a clue make decent money - in some cases it's all really the gift of the gab, and business networking at a face-to-face level which is going to get you the real clients.

Having a pretty website isn't a must, alot of the best people i have met in the industry don't have their own sites.

If anything i am wary of marketing people who blow their own trumpet too hard.

( haha while i am at it : looking now even my personal website is years out of date, and very tacky : http://www.lawrenceglen.com/ ) hahaha :teehee:

Jesus, remove the google Adsense ads at least! With those in place it looks like you have just slapped a site together to make some easy money rather than focusing on being a business.

From the look of the site, that is what he has done. I could have created a better website at school in year 8 and had it look 100x more professional then that. I'm pretty sure almost anyone who went to school could :)

What is this rubbish?

- AdChoicces - on your company site?

- Header Pictures - a Pinecone? WTF does that have to do with anything?

- No Content on half the pages

- HTML code exposed in areas

- Colour scheme that hurts my brain

- Meta tags incorrect

- not W3C compliant

You advertise you do SEO Strategies however you don't apply this to your own site - there is no SEO at all on this site, if anything its anti-SEO with the errors and ads on there.

Stop making web designers look bad, I've spent 15+ years making managing and building websites and when I see stuff like this it sends me nutty.

:rant:

^^ +1

Also your sales copy is rubbish (something you'd assume is important for someone in marketing)

Theres no examples of the services you provide nor is there any real sales funnel or call to action, once again something that one would think would be important to someone in marketing.

Not trying to be an arseholl, just saying if you want this venture to succed you have to look professional and right now you don't. you are also going to want to establish yourself as an authority before anyone will take you seriously.

^^ wow ... warner brothers made a website like that?

i remember those days, 13yo on a 14.4k modem... waiting as line by line of a picture would come out on netscape navigator.

I miss BBS days... and that awesome sound when logging on http://www.freesound...w/sounds/16475/

...then i realise 95% of people on this forum wouldn't know what i am talking about. lol

also a note to the O.P. : my comments earlier weren't trying to rip on you.

if you want some pointers, reply in this thread with what you are trying to achieve.

a website that looks like it has literally nothing to do with the product or service its advertising? check.

comic sans MS in a horrible colour? Check.

Comic Sans in pink? kill it, kill it with fire.

SEO for financial planners? huge market there.. :Drugs:

As the others have said, this website will kill your business before it even begins.

Edited by koguchi

people wont take you seriously if you are running the freebie wordpress.org website. smile.jpgsad.jpg

and your posts won't go up repeating what others have already said in the offtopic section

Reposting the exact same post a few days apart doesn't get your postcount up.