Sign in to follow this  
GKTECH

S13/S14/S15 front castor tops - Introductory price until December 2nd @ $59/pair

S13/S14/S15 front castor tops - Introductory price until December 2nd @ $59/pair

If you're running camber tops and you're looking for more castor this is the easiest way to go about it. Simply replace your standard strut mount with this strut top and you'll see a heap more castor, more than you ever imagined that you could have in your life.

Fits all S chassis cars and most camber tops.

539980_441796162535973_2004892813_n.jpg

Available to view and purchase here: http://www.gktech.com/index.php/s13-s14-s15-front-castor-tops.html?SID=de5a1174ece57385ec2fbe784aa0c0b2

any info on how much adjustment this adds? cheers.

Edited by essare

You guys are bring out so many good products lately!

These are just what I'm after! Will be placing my order in the morning!

You guys are bring out so many good products lately!

These are just what I'm after! Will be placing my order in the morning!

Even more cool stuff to come :)

how much will this move the wheel back, it already rubs just near the loom and if the wheel is moved back to far i will have no loom left

Thee thing about faster adjustment through the camber/caster top is that it doesn't move your wheel around like pulling the LCA with an adjustable caster rod

To give you some idea: my s13 has caster rods at only 2mm shorter than standard and camber tops positioned diagonally. 10.5 degrees caster.

Placed the order this morning. What else is in the pipeline?

Lots of bits and pieces.

Keep an eye out on our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/gktech

We always update that page before anywhere else.

how much will this move the wheel back, it already rubs just near the loom and if the wheel is moved back to far i will have no loom left

It won't move the wheel back at all.

That said, always a good idea to move the loom as they're a PITA to move after the fact. That, or put a plate in to protect the loom

You would have to reduce your camber though if your running youre adjustable tops full in for max negative camber?

You would have to reduce your camber though if your running youre adjustable tops full in for max negative camber?

Only if you're not running full castor as the strut would be sitting at the back left

Noobles is on the money!

I will buy a pair, I can guarantee you.

Greg please at least have a glance at this^^

Bolt-on loom protector plate. (preferably so it pushes the loom up higher in the arch as well)

Natetune used to make them and he disappeared off the earth.

They were good :)

Wouldn't mind some myself again :D

I hear you, loom protectors are a great idea. When we get some spare time we'll whip some up :)

I bought a pair this morning. Just FYI Greg, these and the knuckles don't show under the Front Suspension category when you search for S14 parts.

what is the caster difference between normal camber tops and these if they are both adjusted to full negative camber?

what is the caster difference between normal camber tops and these if they are both adjusted to full negative camber?

I'll be getting a wheel alignment on my S15 next week and Ill give you the actual number then but it's a few degrees

I'll be getting a wheel alignment on my S15 next week and Ill give you the actual number then but it's a few degrees

How were the results?

How were the results?

Sorry, haven't had a chance as I bought another car and everything is coming off the S15 and going on it (S14)

Just looking at these on your site and trying to decide between these or castor arms.

Did you ever get the alignment to see what was achievable with these plates alone?

Anyone else have any experience with these or can help me with reasons behind your decision to go with castor arms instead?

Thanks for the response, but I'm a bit confused now.

You said 'and' rotate the plates I have? With castor rods only, I thought there'd be no problem getting some decent castor so why would I need to rotate my camber plates as well? As a sidenote, my camber is near maxed on my current plates so I don't think I could rotate the plates without losing some of that.

In my mind, if the $60 GKTech plates could get ~7 degs of castor and keep camber at the values I'm running now, then I can continue to use the readily available/replaceable stock castor rods and the wheel remains in the same position inside the arch - I just don't understand the compromises of using the plates, or whether the plates can achieve that much castor.

Edited by 180MikE

if you pull the tops back, you want the adjustablility at the bottom to keep it even, and keep the wheel in the centre of the guard. and yeah you will loose maybe half a degree neg camber. won't get 7 degrees with just the tops. the top pivot would need to be moved back at least 30mm, if not more.

Sign in to follow this