Sign in to follow this  
Ridin Dirty

hks and greddy type-r intercoolers on s15

hey guys i would really love to know if anyone on here has installed a hks type-r intercooler on their s15 or had on installed, i have just bought one and it looks like there is no way to bolt it up. there are too many things in the way to hook it up so if youve done it is there anything you could tell me to help get it on ? and also does anyone know if the greddy type-r will bolt straight up to an s15 ?? cheers heaps for any help guys its really appreciated !

kit new or 2nd hand? maybe take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

they both require a hole to be cut in the battery tray and prob a bit of trimming of the front bumper

Look at a few pics of how they are installed in s15s an it will become obvious after that.

tried google images but couldnt find anything ? any links to an install or photos that someone might have ??

just take it to somebody who knows what they are doing, Its going to require some trimming and if it was sold to you as a S15 kit with S15 pipe work it has to fit.

Not many aftermarket intercooler kits around that will fit without some sort of modification.

thanks for the insight guys i might just stick with my side mount for now til i get some cash together to get it fitted. cheers :D

ok so i have sold my hks spec-r cooler and gone for the greddy alternative but i got the spec-r for an s14/15 but the instructions are for s14 and are in jap. im gonna get a mechanic to put it on but was told something needed to be welded on, think it was a nipple for boost pressure on the hot pipe. can anyone see a way around this as he does not do welding. the brackets are already welded to the core and we are hoping for a way around the nipple on the hot pipe, is there somewhere else to run the boost pressure ?

u dont need to weld any nipple on the hot pipe, u can if u like as it makes it so much neater because u dont have a vacuum line running across the engine bay

if u dont want to weld a nipple on the hot pipe just use a T piece to get vacuum from some where else

take a look at this thread

http://nissansilvia....1