Sign in to follow this  
jimmi_eire

jzx100 Problem

Hi peeps, I just recently purchased a 1998 chaser manual. I have tried to do rings with it and the traction control seems to be holding it back :(

Have read other forums about people disabling the trc and etcs. Checked under my bonnet and the butterfly plug on the etcs has already been taken out.

Just to mention the light for traction control comes on in the dash when I turn the ignition but goes off within seconds. I have also tried taking out the abs fuses as some people suggested. Car has a few mods on it in Japan including a power fc. Any more solutions would be much appreciated. Also anyone know of a good garage to take these cars too?

When you undo the ETCS plug in the engine bay, your snow mode and traction control lights should flash back and forth on your cluster (unless the globes have been ripped out previously).

Was it a factory manual? It might still have an open wheeler if auto - manual convert.

As for workshop, facebook '612 autoworks'. It's an after hours workshop mainly focusing on JZXs.

Ok just to get this right, is there supposed to be one or two plugs near the front of the throttle body ETCS writing? If yes which one is supposed to be disconnected. As for the lights the light with the car sliding comes on at ignition and goes off straight away, never comes on while driving even when I try to slide. Not sure about the auto part, wasnt told if it was converted or not. f**k I hope she is not an open wheeler.

Thanks for the reply Adam, Ill check them guys out and get some pics up as soon as she gets a wash :)

Not to sure what area you are on but EDGE Motorworks are in the Northern Suburbs and know JZ engines very well and JZX/Supra's etc so they may of experienced this already :)

There'll be two plugs near the throttle body, one for the ETCS and the other for the TPS. If you had the TPS disconnected, I think you'd notice it by now lol Car would be an absolute dog to drive.

As for the lights flashing when you turn your car on, that's normal. I think my airbag light or something comes on for a few seconds then disappears. Wouldn't worry about that too much.

If you've got the ETCS plug disconnected and you're still struggling to do skids, I'd say your diff is an open wheeler.

Thanks Antonio Ill check them out.

Adam I know all the lights come on when you ignite a car, but thought if the ECTS plug was disconnected it would not show on the dash.

Anyway the front plug of the 2 on the ETCS is gone and has been nicely plated over, ill try get pic up when I have a chance.

f**k my old 180 was an open wheeler and she would go sideways easier than this thing :(

Tones of the problems and their highlighters are ensured for the full use of the enjoyed moments. The use of ukwritings reviews of the writing is inquired about the themes. The writer is ensured for the facilities for the opportunities of the unique model for the paths for all challenges.