Sign in to follow this  
S15NA

Exhaust opinions

Even if you sell no way you'd get close to 1k for that exhaust so cut your losses do it right buy a jap off self kit

twin tips are normally not that loud.. dont go cannon it will only get louder.. what size chamber is on the twin tip ? .. add another resonator and see how you go or go for a front muffler..

:lol: pretty f**kin obvious if it is turbocharged or not. that would have been enough for me to go elsewhere

I've done a thread on this before, all i can recommend is a big f**k off size muffler at the rear, and one in the middle if you can fit it.

that is the only way you're going to quieten it down honestly.

In saying that i've tried a cannon muffler, oval muffler, tri flow muffler with 2 tips etc etc - all of them loud.

Edited by Nissan_Gts

+1 for what Bling says. I've said in another thread. Majority of exhaust places don't really know that much. I def would have walked. But in saying that I have made plenty of big mistakes when it comes to cars. Don't stress too much bro. Learn from it and move on!!

I've done a thread on this before, all i can recommend is a big f**k off size muffler at the rear, and one in the middle if you can fit it.

In saying that i've tried a cannon muffler, oval muffler, tri flow muffler with 2 tips etc etc - all of them loud.

i have a standard centre muffler off a VE commo and a hotdog on my DE and it is f**kin noisy :lol: (added the hotdog later)

2012-02-04182113-1.jpg

i have a standard centre muffler off a VE commo and a hotdog on my DE and it is f**kin noisy laugh.png (added the hotdog later)

Really depends on the design and quality of the muffler when fishing through the manufacturer parts bin. Holden possibly isn't the greatest starting point lol.

meh, it was free and twin 2 1/4, suited my needs. just trying to say just because the muffler is big doesn't really = quiet

True, but small is generally guaranteed to be loud as hell. You raise a good point though.

Just going to get a kikimoto regu, has a huge ass resonator, its pretty quiet

this is so true, I was 16 when I brought my car there for a full extractor back exhaust. a few weeks later I found out that my exhaust tapers from 3" to 2.5" in the middle, turns out they thought it was turbo and returned the car without letting me know what they had done.. couldn't get my money back

How can they not know it wasn't turbo when they did the extractors?? :no: That requires talent.

My kakimoto 02edi (old school shit) axle back canon is a hell of a lot quieter than my old just jap equivalent axle back canon. If the design is right it will reflect in the db levels. The kakimoto canon tapers in a lot more - forcing more gas into the perforation thus cancelling out more sound waves. So just because its a canon doesn't necessarily mean it will be loud. Systems like HKS super silent and Kakimoto Regu all utilise a canon rear muffler but are very quiet.

this is so true, I was 16 when I brought my car there for a full extractor back exhaust. a few weeks later I found out that my exhaust tapers from 3" to 2.5" in the middle, turns out they thought it was turbo and returned the car without letting me know what they had done.. couldn't get my money back

How can they not know it wasn't turbo when they did the extractors?? :no: That requires talent.

haha nah they started from the end of the extractors, still they're a bunch of jokes

Anyone here know a business/supplier who has kakimoto regu's (preferably 2.5") for an NA s15?

Anyone here know a business/supplier who has kakimoto regu's (preferably 2.5") for an NA s15?

justjap kirrawee should be able to help you out, not sure if they can get 2.5" though

I called just jap and they said it will take 3 months or more.. Jesus christ LOL i just want a nice titanium cannon which is quiet