Sign in to follow this  
Anathema

Import lover, Melbourne, GD Mx6 turbo

Hey guys, ive been an import lover for a few years now, althoguh im only 24. I grew up on v8s and my 'rents HJ GTS, but once i jumped in my first supra and then S14, ive never looked back.

In the past i have owned (but barely driven) a 180sx, a VS S w/5spd getrag, and ATM have a ae93 Nova workhorse (which is also for sale, cheap as chips and RWC for 1600 ono), and a 2012 Mazda 2 auto (its actually this missus' but naturally im driving her everywhere anyways haha)

anyways, im a recently expecting father (ETA end of may), so i figured id buy myself a cheap, fun car with bang-for-your-buck.

I settled on a mint-contdition 99% stock GD MX6 turbo. Only 'mods' is a disconnected BOV and Pod Filter, jsut cause i like the subtle Dose (unlike my old 180's ear-destroying Blitz-type BOV)

Put the deposit down today and bought a set of as-new genuine 4WS wheels in White. Everything on her works flawlessly, including all electrics. Im not sure how to check, but its an 87' model and im pretty sure its not 4ws? any ideas on how to check?

anyways, as i was saying, shes a beauty, and almost-mint cond. Id love to get in on some cruizes in Melbourne, and im living near Heidelberg.

Cheers

tumblr_mcqo52824I1r7h2izo1_500.jpg

Hey bro.

Welcome to the club. Looks like a pretty decent clean car. I've got no idea how these things perform, but def a good daily to get around in.

well i think like mid to high 15sec 1/4's stock? but i have a feeling with the right tires and driver, they can go quicker. all i know is that it destroys V6 commos easily, and i almost blew off a 5.0ltr earlier today.

Im looknig to do a few mods down the track, but id have to look into ECU options first (the stock ECU has a 10psi boost/fuelcut).

Some guys over the states do a TD06 on 14psi, tune and injectors to run mid-13s, so i think the potential is there. Its still no supra, but for $2k in perfect condition, im not complaining haha

Also it feels faster than the factory-claimed times, so either mazda underreported its figures, or maybe something isnt so stock in her (looked 100% stock apart from the POd though, even the zorst is stock!... for now)

official figures are 7.5 0-100 and 15.4 1/4mile.

So i suppose i should keep up with stock 5.0ltrs if i start learning to drive properly bahaha

nah man, its a 1250kg FWD and laggy as f**k (i suppose you need the lag in FWD's haha)

with a kid on the way i promised the missus no more sliding haha

Edit: i call bullshit on the US guys running a TD06 and 14psi, jsut FTR. Must have got their turbo name wrong, as we all know they are rated at 250kw+, which i doubt is capable from a 14psi FWD haha)

Edited by Anathema

Hey guys, qucik question; im from WA and am on my P's, so i didnt consider the restrictions! haha

anyways, i checked the vicroads site and apparently its not on the banned list, but i have to apply for an exemption

The car comes under the 130kw/ton, which im pretty sure applies in Victoria to some cars?

Anyways has anyone had experience with applying for exemptions? any tips?

The car wont attract cops, and i dont 'hoon', but id liek to do it the legal way to be safe

cheers x

Are you still driving under your WA license? Because you go as your licence dictates, not the state.

nah i started my learners in WA like 5-6 years ago, but it expired before i could complete it (long story short, i had no need to pay for a licence whilst living in the desert), i recently transfered my licence/renewed it in victoria, all i need to do is my test and i go straight onto my P's.

so i think the state-rule doesnt apply, but Victoria now has a power-to-weight rule which i will obviously be valid/applicable for.

cheers

Extremely familiar looking servo, just near bayswater/croydon area?

Test 4WS - see if you have what look like mini driveshafts attached to a tie rod end towards the back of the rear wheels/hub, if so then just watch your back wheels while your in your driveway and give your wheels a turn, they'll toe in/out a little if it's working. Might need to be in gear with engine on but you get the idea.

Welcome to the jungle.

Welcome to the jungle.

bahaha thanks dude! i dont know if you mean welcome to the boards or 'welcome to owning an import/turbo', but either way i am priveleged :)

and yeah, i dont have a 4WS light on the dash, and when the tyre guy was turing her into the garage i noticed the rear tyres didnt turn even thought its only meant to be up to 5degs, i didnt see anything?

that and the orignal wheels didnt have the 4WS center caps, and its an 87 model, im 90% sure its not a 4WS model, which i dont mind TBH as parts can be pricey.

And yeah thats the place! the cars garaged atm untill insurance is fixed/i pick it up on the 15th, but that BP's owner has his moddified white R35 GTR parked there too! ITs mean as f**k.

Why youd work at a BP if you can afford a modded GTR i have no idea, haha

Cheers