Sign in to follow this  
Mandi

Removing S14 rear bar

Okay so had to remove my rear bar on the weekend to remove the tow wiring on my car lol. Figured I would take some pics along the way for anyone wondering how to go about removing a 14 rear bar.

Okay for this you will need one s14 :P

Rearbar1.jpg

Rearbar2.jpg

Okay open the boot and you will see the black plastic panel that covers the boot latch.

Rearbar3.jpg

The black panel is held in by plastic screws (which can be a little annoying to get out so try not to apply to much pressure winding them out)

Rearbar4.jpg

After this you can remove the very back carpet lining, will be held in by a few clips which should be able to slide out from them

Rearbar5.jpg

Do the same to the carpet lining either side

Rearbar6.jpg

Should look something like this

Rearbar7.jpg

Unscrew the plastic screws underneath the rear bar, these were little shits to get out as the plastic screws wouldn't screw out of the housing, so I ended up using pointy nose pliers to unwind them rather than using a philipshead screwdriver

Rearbar8.jpg

Undo the 3x bolts each side of the car, these hold the rear bar into the rear of the car. They are 12mm from memory (ignore the the small nut up the top, this is for the rear tail lights, which don't need to be removed for this)

Rearbar9.jpg

The trailer plug connector I was removing :P

Rearbar10.jpg

Next remove more plastic screws which are physically located on the rear bar where the boot lid sits. Again careful unwinding these.

Rearbar11.jpg

What I found was easiest for these was using a small flat head screwdriver under the head of the screw whilst I wound it out, it just helped to get the extra leverage out.

Rearbar12.jpg

Hurray, screws out :)

Rearbar13.jpg

Gently pull out the rear bar, and keep in mind that your rear number plate lights will need to be unclipped for if you want to remove it move than shown.

Rearbar14.jpg

And there you have it, basically reverse the steps for reassembly :)

Sign in to follow this