Sign in to follow this  
Dub

S13's-Why bother with em? I need a reason to bother with factory lemon.

It was bog standard, it ran slightly rough for about 150kms. Overheated, was head gasket.

Following 12mths, reciept's totalling over 50k.

Still it never would run for more than 50-100km without something requiring a tow truck and sorting.

That was 2008.

2012 Start again.

7k 6mths.

Less than 100kms and it playing up.

The list of "What hasn't been replaced,refurbished,repaired" is down to maybe 10 things.

No-one wanted it, even when I said take it!!!

I'd now let it rot in a paddock for the next 20 years rather than let someone pull the "it's only worth 3k" BS.

My rotors have been (some currently) cruel to me over years, especially financially, but I dont care..

Is there any true S13 junkies that can justify perservering???

IMG_2149_2.JPG

IMG_2412_2.JPG

Edited by Dub

"it's only worth 3k"

never had any problems with my s14 apart from a broken gearbox at the drags with 2 years ownership, currently putting out 260kw with 175,000 kms

SUK2BU

I don't understand how you could spend that much money on it... maybe you should stop buying solid-gold nuts and bolts? Also, hiring hollywood actors to do your work is not the most cost-effective.

But seriously, there must be a systematic flaw in what you're doing... either your workmanship or your driving is causing serious problems.

So whats the point of starting this topic, to let everyone know you are stupid enough to spend $50,000 on a car that is only worth $3,000 ???

That's more than than what i just spent on my s14 that has a full forged engine rebuild and accessories including a motec ecu. the mechanic you took that to has bent you over. the funny part is you let it happen didn't you get sus that he is ripping you off :doh:

$50k down the tube?? that thing would want to be f**king mint!

Who ever is doing the work saw you coming a mile away! Or is an absolute twat of a mechanic

Thats some funny looking intercooler piping you have there.

Looks like it came off a different car.

Ok props for not giving in if the ca$h isn't a stress for you but what exactly did the fifty grand go into?

Seriously.

What the actual f**k? Did you just give the car to some dude down an alley way and not read receipts? How the hell do you fork 50k on an S13? This is seriously mind-blowing and I hope i'm being trolled.

Troll? Must be, like seriously 50K. That much the car would be off its nuts with mods and shit, working like a charm not some CA shit with weird as replacement for hot pipe.

that's a red-speckle top ca18..

where was the 50k spent, because clearly non of it went under the bonnet lol

Just to confirm, did you say your mechanic has a holiday house now?

i'd keep it they're, going for 22k now days.

who knows how much they'll be worth in another six months time??? 60? 70k?

50k well invested imo

Edited by BEAMS