Sign in to follow this  
luke_neo

Defected 200sx S14, please help :(

Hi All,

Im new on here I actually own an NA Toyota supra but my brother has just bought a 200sx S14 last week, he got defected last night for multiple issues. Just wanted to ask anyone from the Sydney area if they would be willing to swap parts for a few days and we will also pay you to borrow them and you can hold our parts so he can get undefected as we only have 5days to get this done before it is not allowed to be driven.

If anyone is happy to help please do let me know and we are more then happy to make sure you are 100% confident in helping that nothing will go wrong. The main parts we need to borrow will be stock tyres and rims, battery tray ( happy to buy just need to find one), stock intercooler and pipes. The person who last owned the car did a bad home job on the car and unfortunately he was in such a rush to buy it we found out later.

If anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated or even point us in the right direction to get this sorted.

Thanks

Luke!

what did he get defected for?

wheels battery restraint and intercooler piping?

he got defected for no placards on tyres, tyres touching body, aftermarket intercooler and pipes, tint on windows, unsecure battery, reverse lights not working, side lights are white ( well they said blue), most of the stuff we can just fix up except for the intercooler, and tyres really.

no placards on tyres?

im pretty sure theres a few guys on here that might have a stock sidemount lying around. check the classifieds section man

i think he means the tire placard that on some cars is on the inside of the door, but ive never seen an s14 with it

My tyre placard is on the inside of the lid on the center console.

some laws are seriously rediculous...defected for a frontmount?....ok buddy gonna save heaps of lives if you take one of them off...

wider wheels also...like wtf busses and trucks and even some work vans i have seen drive straight passed cops without being hasstled for wheels outside the guards...just makes me wanna rip hair outta my head...lol

thats it! put up a vote lets all move to japan :P

I am so in for japan aswell, just letting you guys know if i dont reply its because i only have 3 more posts until tomorrow morning as i have just created the account :(, i have spoken to a company that engineer's the cars and he said everything will have to be fine for him to sign it off, he cant just sign off the intercooler etc he will need to sign off the ride height the tyres anything that has been modified on the car. Unfortunately from what i was told you cant pick and choose you have to get everything done.

OP: a lot of people won't lend out their stock parts, simply because sometimes they never get them back. I know a fair few people (myself included) that have lent parts to forum members and been burnt.

You are better off buying the factory parts and keeping them in case you get defected again.

you forgot to add where in sydney you are. i have some stock s15 rims and tyres which should get you by. 0431 561 842 if you are desperate, i dont check this often.

OP: a lot of people won't lend out their stock parts, simply because sometimes they never get them back. I know a fair few people (myself included) that have lent parts to forum members and been burnt.

You are better off buying the factory parts and keeping them in case you get defected again.

This is a good idea, you can generally get parts fairly cheap too.

Also remember the forum is not held responsible for any issues between lending/borrowing parts ;)