Sign in to follow this  
buoy

HI-802 QUAD CORE i.MX6, UG802, MK808, UHOST - $50-$80. Android 4.0 / 4.1 - 1080p hdmi PCs on a stick!

I'm wondering if I should get a WD box instead.

All i really want it for is to play movies from my external HDD's or stream from my pc.

Or wait till I get a PS4, only the sticks would be handy for travel taking place of a laptop for some shorter trips where it would be nice to watch a movie or two.

I wouldn't bother with WD boxes, the firmware is so crappy, they are kind of junk for what you pay for those things, I got a WD streaming box a few months back, the UI is so frustrating/slow to use, now looking into an android box myself, or even eventually building a proper media/steam box.

Have been thinking of getting one of these for a while to make a mad retro gaming emulator out of,anyone done something like this??

Looks like these things are maturing at quite a rapid rate.

If you haven't bought one yet, look out for the MK809 III. This thing actually has balls.

It has 2GB of RAM

It has an actual Quad Core processor

It has 8GB of storage

It has an extremely good antenna

It runs Android 4.2

The benefit of running one of these would not only be the speed but the added storage space and you can also insert a 32GB SD Card if you like.

Looks like these things are maturing at quite a rapid rate.

If you haven't bought one yet, look out for the MK809 III. This thing actually has balls.

It has 2GB of RAM

It has an actual Quad Core processor

It has 8GB of storage

It has an extremely good antenna

It runs Android 4.2

The benefit of running one of these would not only be the speed but the added storage space and you can also insert a 32GB SD Card if you like.

*snip*

I ended up getting on if these. But I'm a little disappointed.

The wifi is really poor. The same room as the router about 15m away. Struggled to stream 720 tv shows, YouTube was Ok on low res, but again no good at 720p.

Can't power up a usb hdd... need a powered hub for that.

Kinda annoyed and not sure what to use it as.

At least I got a wireless keyboard and touch pad. That works with the laptop great.

Edited by Fire_Child22

Does it do MPEG2 Decoding? Most of the onboard GPU's support it but the manufacurers are too stingy to pay the $5 for the patent licenses. Im happy to pay, I just want to update my Apple TV running XMBC to something that supports 1080p, but also supports up to 1080i MPEG2 (recorded HD TV).

Not sure sr180... but I have an update for the masses:

Forget all the other Android Mini PC versions out there. If you are after something for xmas, it's pretty much too late to buy anything now since the postal service is overloaded as it is and you'd be lucky to get it by the end of the year.

BUT... if you are after an Android Mini PC for some new year present or gift idea either to yourself or to someone else and you want the best -absolute- best of the best, there is one model that stands head and shoulders above the rest:

The Tronsmart CX-919

Why is it the best?

1. It has 2 Gigabytes of RAM. If you don't know why this is good... just trust people in the know. This is good.

2. It runs the top of the line Mali-400 GPU at the highest clocked settings. This is good also.

3. The CPU is a Rockchip RK3188 1.65GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9. Undoubtedly, one of the best (if not the best) processor that can be currently found on a Android TV dongle.

4. It supports DLNA (Airplay), XBMC, lots of audio, image and video formats (MKV, AVI, RMVB…) and, of course, it can decode Full-HD 1080p videos wonderfully. Users who watch HD videos often will probably run out of its 8GB internal storage though. Fortunately, memory is expandable via Micro SD (up to 32GB). It scores high in connectivity thanks to Bluetooth 4.0support, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, HDMI port, USB (OTG) and Mini USB (power supply)

5. It runs Jelly Bean 4.2.2.

6. It's NO MORE expensive than all the rest. It can be had for $80 bucks.

So... why by a crappier p.o.s when you can just buy that thing?!

tronsmart-cx919.jpg

PS: Before buying MAKE SURE it is the 2GB model. There are quite a few sporting only 1GB of RAM.

Hi all - just wanted to say that I just got my CX 919 and it is absolutely amazing.

However I'm a bit pissed.......... I just had a look on eBay and... I kid you not.

wtf.jpg

Might pick one up. I grabbed a chrome cast from the US for $25 - was hoping to use it in the hotel room, but you need a full wifi connection with device secrecy disabled. Which hotel wifi's DONT have, so it was useless...

But seems to work alright at home. Fairly simple - just plays stuff, but works ok.