Sign in to follow this  
KEslid3r

Muscle Milk - Thoughts / Reviews?

Hey All

Just thought id post up in here to see if anyone uses muscle milk

1. Its expensive at around $165-180 per month @ 2 serves a day

2. Do you use it as a meal replacement, or just as protien?

3. Flavour

4. Experienced fat matobalising effects?

5. Favourite Flavour

Edited by KEslid3r

Ive only bought 1 tub of muscle milk before because my online store sold out for a time period.

I bought the chocolate one. IT TASTES LIKE SHIT AND WOULDN'T RECOMMEND. that's all i know sorry because this was ages ago.

Thats strange, every where i have read said the taste is great, best on the market.

Lucky for me I dont like Chocolate.

Thanks for your reply though mate

Go with the optimum nutrition equivalent of what your looking at. I assume by review your asking what it tastes like if so optimum nutrition chocolate tastes awesome. But anyway you should really be searching up nutritional information and comparing them.

Bellow is Optimum nutrition's whey gold standard. I wouldn't use this as a meal replacement unless your a fat *milkshake*. Just have it with breakfast**

100Whey-gs-facts.jpg

Edited by angerist

Go with the optimum nutrition equivalent of what your looking at. I assume by review your asking what it tastes like if so optimum nutrition chocolate tastes awesome. But anyway you should really be searching up nutritional information and comparing them.

Bellow is Optimum nutrition's whey gold standard. I wouldn't use this as a meal replacement unless your a fat *milkshake*. Just have it with breakfast**

100Whey-gs-facts.jpg

This is what I use and prostar for bulking.

I'll try getting sponsored next year for comps with them.

For stripping up I use maxxs hydroxy shred

Btw muscle milk claims to be the best on market. But IMO it's shit

I'd stick with gentec, ultimate nutrition, or maxx's.

There the ones I go for

It's all the same shit, as long as it has 24+ g of protein per serve and you like the taste go for it!

jesus christ that's f**king expensive.

seriously, bulk nutrients, get on it

all brands buy their whey from the same bulk manufacturers. ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT! all they do is put their own flavours and blends of wpc/wpi

all brands buy their whey from the same bulk manufacturers. ITS ALL THE SAME SHIT! all they do is put their own flavours and blends of wpc/wpi

Well there are actually 2 sources for aus products.

Tasmania and nz

Cheers for the help guys. Going kind of in the wrong direction though which is partially my fault.

currently 73kg and 180cm - looking to lean and bulk up.

Looking for a lean, protien based meal replacement, due to strict work commitments I cannot eat 5 meals a deal, looking for a replacment for meals 2 and 4.

Currently my diet consists of 5 300 Calorie meals per day - please do not comment on this.

So I am not looking for just a protien powder. which generally comes in at around 80-100 calories.

The two I was comparing are

Optimum Nutrition Core 24 and Muscle Milk. there is a very big price differenece bettween the two, also a significant difference in calories, 200 & 348 respectively.

Muscle milk, as well as having good protiens - "The Lean Lipids formula in CytoSport Muscle Milk contains medium-chain triglycerides, which may also promote fat loss." "CytoSport Muscle Milk can be used to increase your daily protein intake or replace meals as required."

ON Core 24 - "Optimum Nutrition Nitro Core 24 can be used to increase your daily protein intake or replace meals as required"

Sourced from Massivejoes.com, Legitimate source, Tried and Tested, Etc etc, most of you are probably aware of this.

Thoughts again? cheers

I wouldn't read too much into what they say, just look at the macronutrient breakdown, which they both look to be essentially the same per serve.

Just buy the cheaper one, or the one you like the taste of better.

Actually, when i look at them more closely, they are almost identical.

from what I have read Muscle Milk's carbs are mostly sugar.. I have not used a weight gainer before but have heard good things about Cytosport's Cytogainer

Well there are actually 2 sources for aus products.

Tasmania and nz

Wpc comes from tassy and wpi from nz. U can also get wpi from America. All brands source their stuff from the same places. Like I said they make their own blends of wpc and wpi and add flavour.

Edited by Marko