Sign in to follow this  
Polish'n

Avulsion fracture in the foot

Hey guys, not sure where to place this, but this is the only place I can think of.

Long story short, I had an avulsion fracture( this is what I suspect) and I didn't realized which lead to it healing awkwardly, any I'm seeing the doc soon and I might need surgery( from what I read about Avulsion fractures)

So just wondering has anyone gone through this and how badly did it effect your gym lifestyle/routine?

you would have been in ridiculous amounts of pain, the swelling would have been outrageous. i highly doubt you would have done that and not had to go to hospital or atleast get it checked out.

why do you think it was an avulsion fracture?

having broken my foot several times.

it sucks. if it was definitely broken. you'd know about it. dont make the mistake i did and take shortcuts with it. see a doctor and get that shit sorted and listen to them.

i was impatient and wanted to still ride a downhill event shortly after i fractured mine... and 5 years on its still not %100

Depends where the avulsion fracture is, depends on how big and major it is. Provided it is relatively small you shouldn't need surgery.

I wouldn't go around self diagnosing, as without an x-ray it would impossible to determine what is the cause of the pain.

Mmmm :/

I had my X-ray today so I'll get the results tomorrow and pretty much the reason I think it is an avuldion fracture because of the way my bone might of gotten disconnected from the main ones.

On my right foot, under the little toe we have some sort of little bump, mines fairly large and the little toe kinda curves in always the foot knuckles part ( forgot actual names >.> metatarsal? ) on my right there's a much bigger gap compared to my left.

And I have gone through time not noticing I've fractured or sprained something, mostly around ankle or wrists because of the long years from snowboarding

Edited by Polish'n

Got the results!

Turns out nothing wrong with the bones ( no fractures etc ) just seems to be some tissue damage/inflammation. So just going to go see a professional and see how I ca fix it.