Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

Simcity closed beta invites

^ Agreed. Too much things were locked off.

keeeeeen as for the actual game, going to have to upgrade my pc to play it tho i think...

It's not as resource hungry as previous games.

Mine ran the beta fine and my setup isn't anything too crazy. (I5, 8GB ram, 560ti OC)

mine's less that that... quad core 2.4ghz, 4gb ram and 512mb gpu... firstly will be decent card, then see how it runs.

like the idea of the sandbox so you're not thrown in straight away

I swear i played this about 10 times each to an hour.

Total tease i agree but i cant wait to get it when it comes out.

Glad I decided not to preorder this, everything I have read about the release of this has reminded me of Diablo 3, although not as bad. Always online DRM has got to be one of the worst things happening with pc games these days. It's a shame, because it sounds like a good game otherwise.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/simcity-review-in-progress

I'm just going to wait until they get it sorted.

I enjoyed the Beta, even if it was only for an hour at a time.

^ Lol that is gold. GoG did the same thing.

I'm not touching this game with a pole. As soon as I heard about the DRM, I knew it'd go to shit quickly.

I still have to recommend that you stay away from SimCity for the time being. Thelatest word is that "non essential services" are being disabled to lighten the load on servers (I can't imagine the leaderboards and achievements were getting a lot of use anyway when many people can't even play), so we'll see how that shakes out today and tomorrow.

Update: Holy smokes, EA and I have very different definitions of "non-essential services." Even if I could get in right now – which I can't, because I'm stuck in yet another loading queue – I don't think I even want to play without Cheetah Speed, the fastest time acceleration. There's already quite a bit of waiting around before you can gather enough cash to buy something like your first $30,000 police station or a coal mine, but this will tip the balance of the pacing drastically in favor of tedium. It's now basically futile to play. Also, Amazon.com has pulled SimCity from its download store. To any Europeans reading: just stay away. Save yourself the frustration.

The latest from that IGN link that I posted up before, EA seems to have really shot themselves in the foot this time

Well this was expected :lol:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/simcity

82/100 Critic reviews (Average out of 15 reviews)

1.7/10 User score Overwhelming dislike based on 1860 Ratings

Amazon have pulled it from their site due to the huge amount of refund request they are receiving.

JTbXxQT.gif

Tw82ymU.jpg

Edited by Pervy

f**k this DRM bullshit is infuriating. where did you get the chat text from Pervy?

The best thing about Sim City is, there is very little EA can do to ruin it.

This guy...

f**k this DRM bullshit is infuriating. where did you get the chat text from Pervy?

Got it off the SimCity thread on NeoGaf. I think it's a screenshot off one of the EA forums.

This guy...

:lol:

I bet he regrets saying that now.

I got it yesterday, played for awhile online for half hour, so far so good, never played a Simcity game, so yeah, getting used to it. The wife wanted to tear into it though, she is a veteran, but i spilled my coffee on her and she had to have a shower.... shame about that...

Now you can remind her constantly that if she was actually hardcore, she would have powered through the scalding coffee regardless :lol:

Sure is

The last 3 nights i'd say ive clocked a solid 15 hours+

Luckily my key didn't arrive until a few days after the whole fark up of the server issues so i skipped them and went straight in and been loving it since! Personally i recommend it.

What sort of specs do you all run it on? Will it work fine on my 3 years old laptop with i3 processor, 4GB memory and some ati laptop graphic card (i think it's got 512MB memory)?

This guy...

Clearly i underestimated EA's capabilities.