Sign in to follow this  
deranger

Custom Fabrication

Had the S15 tuned recently, came up with a modest level of rwkw which is disappointing, the general consensus is the intake pipe which is still half stock/bodge at the moment, with the stock hose restricting the boost and not being able to hold above 15psi after hitting 21psi and then slapping back to around 15 and sitting there.

^ long back story, but I am after some information on who to goto to make up a custom steel pipe with all the bells and whistles so I can slap it in and have the car tuned and gain that additional 30kw which currently alludes me!!

Thanks in advance for caring.

or

AT Performance and Fabrication

www.facebook.com/ATPerformance

Edited by SHAN0

Cheers guys, will look into these places during the week!

I know this isn't what your asking but;

What turbo are you using?

If it's the stock GT2560R (T28BB) you'll struggle to get it to hold 21PSi in the top end.

I know this isn't what your asking but;

What turbo are you using?

If it's the stock GT2560R (T28BB) you'll struggle to get it to hold 21PSi in the top end.

good point, not enough info on set up.

Sorry guys, it's a Garret 2835 and at the moment I have a small HKS intake connected to the afm and then the stock rubber hose connecting that to the turbo. I need to replace the lot, so an aluminium pipe from the afm to the Turbo. Needs to be flawless of course, so nothing nasty gets sucked into the snail.

AM engineering and Fabrication

Just had my cooler pipe and intake made up from him. Great work!

I've been told they dont like doing these small fabrication jobs. My mechanic has a beef with them I think so they're off my list hahaha

Reckon you've got the wrong guy mate. Maybe you're thinking about AM Performance.

This guy does any sort of work and is a great guy to deal with.

And honestly, who gives a f**k who someone else hates. If their work is top notch and the person is good to deal with, then f**k it. We're not in a school yard here.

Reckon you've got the wrong guy mate. Maybe you're thinking about AM Performance

Dude, a lot of these places aren't that imaginative with names, I thought it was AME, but could be wrong. If you swear by them I'll def keep it mind!

64mm pipe and silicon joiners

Yeh thats the piece which was scavenged for the slap up job. You want it?

Nah already got a hard intake sorted for the 180

Do you have cams with your setup?

Or I have a direct bolt on APEXI hard intake pipe to suit..

Just pulled it off my car in Japan as I went high mount tdo6 kit

Reckon you've got the wrong guy mate. Maybe you're thinking about AM Performance

Dude, a lot of these places aren't that imaginative with names, I thought it was AME, but could be wrong. If you swear by them I'll def keep it mind!

64mm pipe and silicon joiners

I had AM Engineering put an R33 intercooler kit on an Aristo. After he was finished with it, it fitted better than any specifically made for the car and I still got to keep my front grill which doesn't happen very often. I can't recommend them highly enough.

You have enough people here saying how good the work is, make up your own mind.

Ask for Jim at AAA Exhausts in Richmond.

Did my intake and it works a treat!

8352 7444 - Tell him Ben advised you to go there and he will do a good price for you.

;)

Do you have cams with your setup?

Yep and they were meant to be the last piece of the puzzle to attain 250atw but as usual something has to spring up, cost me money and make me facepalm.

Once again, plenty of great thumbs up here, I've got the feelers out getting quotes and will do the same next week if I get some free time during the week.

Tell him Ben advised you to go there and he will do a good price for you

Yes! good deals, sounds awesome too!

How'd you get on? Def recommend Craig at Helps Metalworks, had plenty of work done by him on multiple race cars, is really well priced and a top bloke!!

Havent got far yet, getting quotes from $250 to over $1,000 for the work and I have had no time these last couple of weeks to organise anything yet,

Bottom line is need custom cold welded alloy for an acceptable price. So I am still keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers!

You haven't replied to my last PM.

Give Daryl a buzz from Everlast Mufflers in Ridgehaven, not sure what he can do in terms of welding but they've got some good gear there.

8396 3255

You haven't replied to my last PM

Sorry, dude, I've kinda been snowed under, if you replace the vision of fluffy pretty snow with brown sloppy turds. So my car has taken a backseat for a while (and the forum) and also I can't even click on your PM to reply to it. It's like locked or something. I can click on other PM's etc. Something slightly f**ked is happening but I appreciate your help and effort to reply anyway.

What turbs ya got champ?

A garret 2835 but you can't tell because of my pussy level of boost.

I'm still keeping this idea alive, but also trying to smack together something else even cheaper (and hopefully as effective!) fingers crossed innit

AM engineering and Fabrication

Just had my cooler pipe and intake made up from him. Great work!

I've been told they dont like doing these small fabrication jobs. My mechanic has a beef with them I think so they're off my list hahaha

I honestly don't know why someone would have a beef with either AM Engineering or AM Performance. Both produce awesome work.

Check out their facebook pages/websites and go by recommendation. Often the cheapest option is not the best, so seek recommendation.

Btw have seen Andrew from AM Performance's work on multiple cars with nothing but the highest recommendations and an awesome guy.