Sign in to follow this  
Dean

need some help

hello people

just need a bit of help.. probably with my diet and training too.

i've only been training for the past 5 months.... but i have kinda settled down now and recently just fallen sick which is quite gay since i was only just starting to gain some weight...

but i am kinda stuck in a predicament at the moment... and not sure what to do... so i thought i might ask the question here

so im just comin good from the flu and ready to hit the gym probably starting maybe this weekend.

im currently weighing in at 73.5 kg. im about 6foot too...

ive always found it hard to put on weight... before i started training... i was around the 69kg and my max weight before i fell sick... i was hoping to crack 77kg! sitting on 76kg

i dont have the best physique.. as i do kinda have a bit of a belly on me... which more then likely everyone wants to get rid of...

now to the point...

i'm about to have a baby soon... and my wife has booked in to have a photoshoot with the baby on the 22 september...

is there any chance of me to put any more weight on before then... and lose the belly at the same time til then... or am i just better to lean out for the photo shoot.... obversely i'd like to look as big as i can...

i think my diet is fine... it could be more cleaner. but thought i would ask the question if its possible??? or if im kidding myself...

hope to hear some answers... and more then dedicated to try if there is any sort of chance :)

here is some current pics to... so hopefully i can try and do a transformation by the end of the photo shoot

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

so no hiding from the screen... hoping to achieve results

sorry about my ugly mug :P

thanks again

dean

are you using any supplements at the moment when training? id say go to your local supplement shop like asn etc and have a chat to them about your goals.

but basically your wanting to put on lean muscle while also lowering your body fat % which coincidentally is exactly what im doing at the moment aswell, dieting is probably the best the help with the bat fat side of things aswell as doing hiit (high intensive interval training) instead of just going for a 5km or whatever because when just running you tend to also lose muscle aswell ( i found this out the hard way i was going for 5km run 4,5 times a week thinking thats the best way to lower my bodyfat% i did lose weight went from 83 down to 78 but i also lost muslce aswell so i wasnt appearing to be getting anywhere)

whats you workout like at the moment? like how many days do you go the gym, how many days for cardio etc..

Edited by MAT_G

post you exact diet and workout routine and we'll go from there.

chances are your local supplement shop won't give the best advice.

If you've got about 6 weeks I would just be hitting the treadmill and focusing on cardio. You'll look better being leaner than the same body fat with a little bit of muscle growth.

okay.. this is on the iPhone.. so I won't go too in depth..

basically I train 3-4 a week at the gym..

day1 - chest and tri

day2 - back and bi

day3 - legs and shoulders

day4 would be rotating if I manage a forth day..

Wednesday and thursday I play touch footy at night.. 20mins halves.. Wednesday is a men's game which is pretty fast pace.. as Thursday is a mixed game.. little bit slower.. but just as hard coz you are also defend for the girls too :P

I'd like say that my diet is pretty clean.. but could improve.. and with work its kinda hard to get my meals through out the day but this is what it is mostly

6:30 - up and go (choc) and a banana

9:30 - two rolls of sushi.. chilli chicken

12:30 - multi sandwich with chicken and salad. and a serving of fat chips

2:30 - maybe a banana or oats

6:00 - protein shake

8:00 - chicken keiv. with steam great beans and peas. and also a serving of sweet potato chips which are baked

then just before bed I would have a large round rice cracker with cottage cheese

with gym.. normally I will go in the mornin around 5am.. so I would have a up and go and a banana before hand.. then a protein shake afterwards..

when I get home I will write down what I train at the gym..

is there anymore info you guys need??

workout seems ok but train bi and tri's on the same day diet seems alright aswell

if you wanna lose weight fast do hiit training its proven to work faster then normal cardio

^^^ man i dunno what supplement shop you go to but if they dont give you the best advice try a different shop my local asn is spectacular they will explain everything you need and when to take it and answer any question or they do for me haha maybe its because im asn sponsored athlete haha

Losing fat come down to tracking your calories and macrinutrients exactly

You need 0 supplements. Do not walk in a store and ask nome idiot for his bullshit broscience advice iregarding why you should give him your money.

Whey to supplement when you can't make it with food. Multi and fish oil.

Losing fat come down to tracking your calories and macrinutrients exactly

You need 0 supplements. Do not walk in a store and ask nome idiot for his bullshit broscience advice iregarding why you should give him your money.

Whey to supplement when you can't make it with food. Multi and fish oil.

Yeh this is good advice. Track your macronutrients- carbs, protein and fats. work out your maintenance level and eat below it. And yeh, you dont need to go to a supplement store, but fat burners might help lol or even hydroxy proteins

Can you do any more than 3-4 times a day? Ultimately it would be better training more than 3-4 times a week.

In terms of losing weight quick, do cardio. I see that you have mentioned you dont want to lose muscle though. You can do cross-fit training which is high intensity so fat burning and it preserves muscles. HIIT training is much better than running in my opinion. and Interval training is evenbetter.

With your diet i'd probably cut out the chips on both occasions. have more complex carbs if not? have your banana after training too for glucose replenishment.

Edited by Rasian

Here is a comparison from my diet to your diet.

I am 5'11" and weigh around the 73kg mark.

Meal 1; 5 eggs, 2 wraps, 2 peices of fruit

Meal 2; 2 cans tuna (or 4 peices of chicken sushi if i am out and about), 500ml milk

Meal 3; Protein shake, 2 boiled eggs, peice of fruit

Meal 4; protein shake, 2 boiled eggs, peice of fruit (i eat this as work)

Meal 5; 300g chicken, 50g bacon and salad or mash potato.

Sometimes i add a 6th but usually run out of time.

You need to take a look at your diet and the intensity of your excercise routine, standing infront of the mirror doing curls and raises isn't going to build muscle or make you lean at your early stage of lifting.

^ dr cranium knows whats up, make sure when your working out that you push your self to the limits every time you workout

HIIT training is much better than running in my opinion. and Interval training is evenbetter.

hold on sec you do know that HIIT stands for high intensity interval training dont you?

thanks guys..

I'm going to try and incorp his diet with mine..

I am startin my training on Monday!! and hopefully all this info you have shared with me.. I can see some results! plus I will share on here too...

just one question tho.. with this HIIT

how long am I meant to do it for?? 10mins? 20mins? 1hr?

looked it up on YouTube.. some guy was skipping, another guy was sprinting, others said jumping jacks..

is it alright if I do skipping for a bit then change it up to sprinting??

if there any other info that you guys think of.. please let me know..

I've got the wife to organise all the food for me at the moment now which is awesome coz she has finished work now... waiting for the bub to be born =) but she is on board with me which will be a massive help

so it's really up to me now.. for the training part :D

wish me good luck and hard training =) haha

thanks guys..

I am startin my training on Monday!! and hopefully all this info you have shared with me.. I can see some results! plus I will share on here too...

looked it up on YouTube.. some guy was skipping, another guy was sprinting, others said jumping jacks..

I've got the wife to organise all the food for me at the moment now which is awesome coz she has finished work now... waiting for the bub to be born =) but she is on board with me which will be a massive help

so it's really up to me now.. for the training part biggrin.png

When I did LIIT/HIIT, I started at 30 mins and then built it up to 1 hour after I knew what my body could tolerate.

I also cycled what exercises I did; One day I would do it on the bike, The next I would be on a treadmill (Or running around the neighbourhood/lake), And the next I was on the incline walker. Mix it up a little. From memory, HIIT/LIIT was all based on your heartrate, So what ever gets your heart pumping would be sufficient.

Alternate between the Incline walker, Bike, Rower and a run around the hood if you feel like an outing.

thanks guys..

so it's really up to me now.. for the training part :D

Easiest way to start is to sprint 30 seconds walk 30 seconds, you can incorporate it into weights at a later date if you want.

You really can do it with anything, google tabata thrusters. If you like death that is!

^ dr cranium knows whats up, make sure when your working out that you push your self to the limits every time you workout

HIIT training is much better than running in my opinion. and Interval training is evenbetter.

hold on sec you do know that HIIT stands for high intensity interval training dont you?

Soz lol was meant to continue my argument crossfit is better haha

Soz lol was meant to continue my argument crossfit is better haha. Meant to say crossfit

Soz lol was meant to continue my argument crossfit is better haha
Soz lol was meant to continue my argument crossfit is better haha. Meant to say crossfit

thought so i just wanted to check haha :thumbsup:

ill try and post a link to really good hiit workout if i can find it again

tabata thrusters and combined with heavy compounds.

forget doing a split routine.

ill try and post a link to really good hiit workout if i can find it again

if you could that would be great =)

well I started yesterday..

diet started with

5:30 - uncle Toby's oats

9:00 - 2 chilli chicken sushi rolls

12:30 - multi sandwich chicken and salad banana

3:30 - 3 egg omlette with chicken, baby spinach, little bacon too

5:30 - gym

7:15 - protein shake

8:30 - chicken kiev, steam greens and sweet potato chips

gym consisted of chest and tris

flat chest - 80kg x 8, 80kg x 6, 80 x 5, 60kg slow set til failure

inc chest - 70kg x 6, 60kg x 6, 60kg x 6, 40kg til failure

decline chest - 60kg x6, 60kg x 5, 60kg x 4

fly chest - 90kg(I think it said but doesn't seem right maybe lbs:s) x 10, 90kg x 10, 90kg x 10 it was a cable machine..

went into tri afterwards

tri pull down extension - 45kg x 8 then drop sets afterwards til failure.. 3 sets

we called it a night after that..

we are going to hit te gym this arvo.. and do back and bi..

what do you guys think of my diet and gym so far??

well I started yesterday..

diet started with

5:30 - uncle Toby's oats

9:00 - 2 chilli chicken sushi rolls

12:30 - multi sandwich chicken and salad banana

3:30 - 3 egg omlette with chicken, baby spinach, little bacon too

5:30 - gym

7:15 - protein shake

8:30 - chicken kiev, steam greens and sweet potato chips

gym consisted of chest and tris

flat chest - 80kg x 8, 80kg x 6, 80 x 5, 60kg slow set til failure

inc chest - 70kg x 6, 60kg x 6, 60kg x 6, 40kg til failure

decline chest - 60kg x6, 60kg x 5, 60kg x 4

fly chest - 90kg(I think it said but doesn't seem right maybe lbs:s) x 10, 90kg x 10, 90kg x 10 it was a cable machine..

went into tri afterwards

tri pull down extension - 45kg x 8 then drop sets afterwards til failure.. 3 sets

we called it a night after that..

we are going to hit te gym this arvo.. and do back and bi..

what do you guys think of my diet and gym so far??

got calories and macros?

Add some dips for the triceps.

was going too..

but someone beat me to it :P so we just moved on

but next time for sure.. and til failure =)

got calories and macros?

ahh do you mean.. do I count calories? :/

and macros.. can you please explain more on this topic?

Yes, you need to count your calories. It is the most important thing to lose or gain weight.

macros are - protein:carbs:fat

You should calculate you macro and calorie requirment and base your diet around this.

got calories and macros?

ahh do you mean.. do I count calories? :/

and macros.. can you please explain more on this topic?

If you want to take bodybuilding seriously calorie counting is first thing you do.

It all adds up, ur sugar to your coffee, a coke, etc

Macros as protein, carbs, fats and it's usually listed in this order when people give u numbers e.g 40,40,20

Dependent on what ur goals are will determine ur macros. The above is usually for bulking.

I don't think he's trying to body build though.

So? It's how the body works.. any goal with performance or physique or health is based around diet and insulin the right amounts of calories and macros

I don't mean bodybuilding in the context of being

One.

A simple definition of bodybuilding

Is just anyone who works out.