Sign in to follow this  
TOM3CH

Next Hardtuned.net Meet! Sunday 19th August

photo.JPG

Prove to everyone else that we are societies finest, don't ruin a good night for us. There is ZERO TOLERANCE on anti-social behaviour. This means;

NO HOONING

NO REVING YOUR ENGINES UNNECESSARILY

NO LITTERING

NO DERELICT ACTS

You didn't go on the last one did you?

Ill be there on time this time so i dont miss out like last time.

Sounds a bit like an event ? Do we have an events section ? :P

Sounds a bit like an event ? Do we have an events section ? :P

Yep lol

You didn't go on the last one did you?
yeah i did, it went dark very quickly then they turned off the lights for us. but hey if that's what people want...

My bad dude, I actually thought you were being a dick, (I wasn't there for the last one lol). I just heard about what happened with the nugget in the commodore and the lights being turned out because of it.

Was it really that dark after the lights went out? The lights from the street and the bridge above should give it a bit.

Hopefully no one will f**k around this time. I'm notifying Sapol as usual so they might do a few patrols and sort those idiots out.

As this is now looking like a regular event we will hopefully have a different meet spot lined up before the next meet. As we didn't find somewhere suitable in time the SA guys decided to roll with Etsa again. I still expect a big turnout for this, will be great to put some names to faces, and to cars.

Due to lighting issues the meet time has now been moved to 5PM not 6:30PM

Adjusting the flier now :)

Wouldn't police just chill around the corner, then get their defect on?

i sure hope so!

Stickers will be available!! Brand new awesome cool looking ones too :D

TOM3CH, adjust your signature with the new date also ;) also, anyone creating a FB event? was good to spread photos in there as per the last event...

Edited by Phorte

I'm keen but apprehensive too. SAPOL's behaviour at least year's AJP was disgraceful (unsure of how they were this year).

In general, they don't have any respect for our interests. Task Force Diagnoal I think had the right idea. Since it's now general SAPOL, there is a more open chance of infiltation and abuse of power in relation to defects.

Sure they can defect and fine those who are actually doing the wrong thing, but if they are low on quota then all it takes is a defect station and hopefully some lube for the member (see what I did there).

Working with SAPOL is a 2-way road of respect. It doesn't work one way. Tom3ch, you need to get friendly with the higher ranking officers. If you only interact with the lower ranking ones then they can either turn against Hardtuned members at any time or receive orders to do so from their superiors. I strongly urge you to address this to avoid member's pride and joys being molested by an outdated ADR policy when clearing defects. Maybe trying to get some pollies out who are keen in motorsport as well and involve the media where applicable.

Until SAPOL can prove to Hardtuned that they will only defect and fine those who are hooning or showing anti-social behaviour then I'm out.

If you want me to assist with with any of the above, PM me please.

Good luck with it anyway, I hope it all goes well.

Looking forward to this event should be good and last time we were there the Cops didn't bother us at all not a single person got defected. We're really looking to have these meets on a once a month basis and its only going to work if we have the support of all the SA members.

We will be looking for new venue's to host these meets and we do have big plans and idea's coming up.

Also If anyone has a idea's for cruises,meet spots or group activity that they would like to bring up feel free to message

TOM3CH,KOUKI-MONSTA or Myself Tbetts

and we can have a look :thumb:

i can head out with the video cameras if there's enough demand for it?

otherwise i don't know if you have a photographer but i can do that too.

Wouldn't police just chill around the corner, then get their defect on?

i sure hope so!

lol.

the joys of driving an M35, cops think it's a volvo.

Last time i only saw one cop do a drive by. and then when everyone left i didnt see any cops waiting around the corner.

most of the Ns events and cruises have the same cop that it notified and he is pretty chill, if hes not happy with a car he will tell them to go home rather then defect..

i will be there in the hilux again this time. come say hey if you see me.

Is it accessable for cars that cant make it over speed bumps :sex:

Last turn out was really good, I personally didn't see a single police officer the whole time I was there and on the way back home which was a relief. Was hoping this event was gonna be a bit earlier in the day but any time is better than none!

no speed humps from what i remember.

How would you know, you were in a truck.

But you are right. Flat entrance no speed bumps

most of the Ns events and cruises have the same cop that it notified and he is pretty chill, if hes not happy with a car he will tell them to go home rather then defect..

It's always good to have the same cop. I hope they stick around and we can build some kind of mutual respect with the higher ranking officers too so they understand it's a way of living and not a revenue raise which rattle cages for enthusiasts.

Still undecided at this stage. I might have a sticky beak...

i still think these cruises are dumb and anyone that shows up in a modified car is asking to get reamed.

It's always good to have the same cop. I hope they stick around and we can build some kind of mutual respect with the higher ranking officers too so they understand it's a way of living and not a revenue raise which rattle cages for enthusiasts.

Still undecided at this stage. I might have a sticky beak...

I know on the Keith hospital cruise we had that same cop guy. and along the way he spotted a r32 drift spec with a defect sticker and bald tires. he pulled the driver over and the driver said he was on the way to the meet up point for the cruise. the cops said "in that case you now have two choices. i can forget i pulled you over and you drive home and park the car or i can make you get a tow truck to take it home from here like i normally would"

that cop then drove around the car park told Old Mark that he could defect a few but hes happy with the condition of the cars and they can still join the cruise.

Is it accessable for cars that cant make it over speed bumps 03.gif

How would you know, you were in a truck.

I have Leaf springs all round. if i dont slow right down for them my head hits the roof.

Is the cop you're talking about a bald man with an acscent? If so I seen him around, he's always around the import scene and was at all jap day this year too

whats the go with track cars at these meets? wouldnt mind driving out for something different

It's always good to have the same cop. I hope they stick around and we can build some kind of mutual respect with the higher ranking officers too so they understand it's a way of living and not a revenue raise which rattle cages for enthusiasts. Still undecided at this stage. I might have a sticky beak...

We have some high ranking officers on our side. I'm not going to name any names or talk about it on here for the moment, if you come down that sunday we can have a chat in person, theres a few things I need to clear up

It's always good to have the same cop. I hope they stick around and we can build some kind of mutual respect with the higher ranking officers too so they understand it's a way of living and not a revenue raise which rattle cages for enthusiasts. Still undecided at this stage. I might have a sticky beak...

We have some high ranking officers on our side. I'm not going to name any names or talk about it on here for the moment, if you come down that sunday we can have a chat in person, theres a few things I need to clear up

Lol update you sig. it says 5:30pm....

to think that any 'high ranking officers' are on your side is probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

Have I let anyone down in the past? How much cop trouble have we had since TFD shut down?

You all need to stop being so negative about it all or it's all going to turn to shit.

We've come so far since a few years ago when we couldn't hold anything like this because of legislation and police clamping down on groups. We've come to some good agreements with SAPOL between myself and other organizers and so far since we've had nothing but awesome events.

It's going to stay that way. If you do trust in our work, come join us. If you don't believe it, I don't want to hear it on here.