Sign in to follow this  
millerman

Adelaide's best parmigiana ?

I've been trying to find a really nice chicken parmi in Adelaide. So far best is earl of Leicester but now it's gone to shit.

Share some experiences :)

Ale house is far from the best. Good taste with amazing proportions but by far not the best

It's dreamy :drool:

Was plump in the middle and tapered off to the edges perfectly and in whole a good large serving, the edges were also slightly crispy compared to the middle which was awesome. Chicken was extremely fresh and juicy, topped with sweet chili/bacon and cheese.

Perfect chips and a really good salad seperate, start off with a mixed dozen of oysters too as there fresh and kilpatrick are awesome, but the sweet chilli and pine nuts oysters are incredible.

Edit: they are a lil slow but it's a family buisness and extreme attention to detail is taken. Wicked views over a highlight lit up creek so just hangout and have some beers on the decking in the mean time.

Try on a Wednesday too as they dont do dinner Monday/Tuesday so it should be perfect 1st night of the dinner week.

Edited by brent47

It's dreamy :drool:

Was plump in the middle and tapered off to the edges perfectly and in whole a good large serving, the edges were also slightly crispy compared to the middle which was awesome. Chicken was extremely fresh and juicy, topped with sweet chili/bacon and cheese.

Perfect chips and a really good salad seperate, start off with a mixed dozen of oysters too as there fresh and kilpatrick are awesome, but the sweet chilli and pine nuts oysters are incredible.

Edit: they are a lil slow but it's a family buisness and extreme attention to detail is taken. Wicked views over a highlight lit up creek so just hangout and have some beers on the decking in the mean time.

Try on a Wednesday too as they dont do dinner Monday/Tuesday so it should be perfect 1st night of the dinner week.

next time im in SA, we are doing this with the uplate crew......

I've been trying to find a really nice chicken parmi in Adelaide. So far best is earl of Leicester but now it's gone to shit.

Share some experiences smile.png

How has it gone to shit?

I was there a couple months ago and it's still great.

Mawson Lakes Hotel 1.3kg Schnitzel challenge add Parmigiana topping = Death By Parmi

The schnitzel is actually insanely huge i managed to finish one and then my piss smelt like Diane gravy for the next day or so, I was told its equal to eating 12 big macs....and thats not counting the chips that come under it lol

If you can picture a bogy board sized schnitzel thats basically what it looks like. Tastes good to :thumb:

Edited by Tbetts

Just heard from mates that they got new owners/management or chefs and they changed what parmi they made.

Must try that Lawson lakes challenge!!

It's dreamy drool.gif

The new owners are f**ked in the head. No offence if you know them but they pompous f**ks. Food since the new owners took over is average in my opinion. I have only tasted the Devilish and it was ok. Have had a couple of schnits with pepper sauce and the oysters which were ok but nothing to write home about.

edit: I should add that I have no eaten there since the regular upstairs dining area re opened so my opinion of the food may be out dated.

Edited by EnFlaMEd

According to my mate Brent,

http://inglewoodinn.com.au/

with the "devilish" topping.

+1 to the Inglewood Inn, it's a great spot to land for dinner after doing a Gorge road run and heading back to the city on NE Road. Just make sure to make a booking, beforehand because it's a popular spot. It feels like a country pub but in reality it's like ten minutes drive from TTP. Might head up there myself in a couple of weeks a while!

As for the Earl, is that the one in North Adelaide across from the Square? That was an awesome meal but I haven't been there for years. I've only been to the Ale House once, for mine, it seems like an overly crowded overrated place and the schnitzel wasn't all that appetizing, but I did get the 'mexican topping' with sour cream and corn chips which makes me feel ill thinking about that right now -_-

Mawson Lakes Hotel is best! 3 different sizes biggrin.png

Have to disagree. Mawson hotel is f**king shithouse and I know shithouse when I see/taste it.

Mawson Lakes isnt really a picturesque place to go for tea haha but I live down the Port it's only like 15 minutes up the expressway. I may need to check this place out.. to make up my own mind.

Mawson Lakes Hotel is best! 3 different sizes :D

strong disagree there

Coopers Alehouse for me

The Alehouse is good when you're starving. Big servings and it's above average, just.

Tried the Hackney Hotel on the weekend. Pretty impressed. One of the best pramigianas I've had in a long time. Everything on the menu and coming out looked pretty decent too.

http://www.hackneyhotel.com.au/

The Alehouse is good when you're starving. Big servings and it's above average, just.

I'm always starving! haha

Tried the Hackney Hotel on the weekend. Pretty impressed. One of the best pramigianas I've had in a long time. Everything on the menu and coming out looked pretty decent too.

http://www.hackneyhotel.com.au/

I second the Hackney hotel, gone there plenty of times and always great service and quality food - highly recommend!!